< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, August 08, 2005

End of the Day...


“A man’s work is from sun to sun; but a woman’s work is never done.” Mamma used to say a lot of things like that. She would get up early in the morning, work all day long, do her needlework or crochet late at night and go to bed about 10:30 or 11.

Well, it’s time for me to go to bed. I finished cutting up my okra while talking on the phone with Tina, Keishia, Rene`, and Linda, who lives in Norman. You know, multi-tasking. I sure do know a lot of Linda’s.

Keishia is tickled over her little story about her puppy. Tina has to read it to her over and over and over and… Anyway, it’s a good thing that it is ‘very’ short.

Rene` wants to plan a little trip to the gulf coast with her two boys.

Linda is enjoying having a 16 year old son that is driving her, I mean driving his new pick-up.

I had too many irons in the fire this evening, so I didn’t make it to the garden. I am sure that I had a lot of okra to gather tonight; especially after our nice rain that we had. It will just have to wait until tomorrow. I don’t know when I will get the okra gathered because I will be in Tulsa tomorrow night and won’t be home until late. Maybe Carrie and Parker can gather the okra and tomatoes for me tomorrow afternoon. We’ll see. Parker mowed the yard, front and back, for me this evening. That was good. We have a big yard!

The birds and the chickens have all gone to roost. It’s time that I do too. First I’ll get my okra in the freezer. As Mamma used to say, “finish this up and the rest of the work’ll wait ‘til morning.”

later…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home