< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Industrious...



I was thinking this evening (yes… I do that on occasion) that I have industrious friends. Then I got to thinking, was that a correct statement? So I looked up the word on the Merriam-Webster online dictionary. Gone are the days for me to crack a desk dictionary! Anyway, I found that I was correct in assuming that the word industrious is an adjective. *whew* The synonym listed was the word ‘busy’. These words were also used to define the word industrious: skillful, ingenious, persistently active, and zealous. Industrious is also described as constantly, regularly, or habitually occupied: diligent.

It seems that all of my friends can be described this way. No matter what their occupation or stage in their life. They aren’t just busy doing stuff; they are busy doing and making creative things.

Sue e-mailed me a picture of one of her projects. She crocheted this bag from plastic bags. Bags from Dollar General, Target, Wal-Mart, you know… plastic bags you bring your stuff home in from the store. The bag in the picture was made from Dollar General bags. Isn’t that neat? This is recycling to the max!

later…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home