< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Those Turkeys...

The picture was taken by Linda in Norman. She has quite a bit of wildlife that walks by her front door on almost a daily basis. These are the wild turkeys that have been frequenting her place lately. I thought that the picture was a nicer way of putting things. You know, like “those turkeys”. It’s better than what I really have wanted to say about some of the things that have been going on lately. People, I am trying to be nice.

Linda had sent me an e-mail today about my last post and entitled it “harsh?” She felt that maybe I was being a little rough on the folks in Louisiana.

Linda said, “…I don't agree with the looting....like taking tv's and such when there is not electricity....but some of those people needed baby formula and shoes and food. I know if it was there to take and my family needed it I would do it too....but I would write down what I took and pay them back.”

Not a problem, if that was all that was going on down there. But that isn’t what is happening most of the time.

If you were somewhere, stranded, and needed a ride out of Dodge would you shoot your horse? Would you set the only shelter that you had on fire? What about rape? Is raping someone necessary for survival?

I just have to say it once again: the behavior in New Orleans is appalling, absolutely appalling and irreprehensible. I don’t recall reading or hearing anything like this when the tsunami hit. The tsunami victims suffered through a much greater loss of life, destruction and tragedy and they did it with dignity. Look at us… just look at us.

later…

1 Comments:

Blogger I.Mc said...

I totally agree with you. Its disgusting, I still can't believe what I'm seeing. This has got to be a sign that the U.S army are needed to sort out the animals at home before the ones abroad. It just shows you the kind of people that are around you everyday that you assume are normal, but you find out when something like that happens.

September 01, 2005 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home