< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Class Field Trip to the University of Oklahoma...

Today our class was required to attend a field trip to OU. The University of Oklahoma was sponsoring a two day event this week-end for speech and debate teams within the region. While the first rounds for the debate teams were held yesterday, today held a full itinerary of persuasive and informative speeches, prose, dramatic interpretation, and a few other speech related contests.

This is the first time that I have ever had the opportunity to observe a college level speech competition. I heard several very well-written and well-spoken speeches today. I was impressed.

Surprising or not, I have never been on the OU campus before today. It is a very nice campus and has interesting buildings, statues, and some nice landscaping. I have to say though that I prefer the older style of architecture as opposed to the modern on the campus.

Quick question here:


Are colleges required to have 'ivy' on their 'halls'?



I read a few of the historical markers that were in front of the buildings and enjoyed several works of art which were mostly in the form of sculptures.

All in all it was a very nice day.

And yes, I did learn something at 'school' today.

later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home