< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Interpreting the Law...

I have acquired an “epizootic” of some sort. I don’t know exactly what it is that I have contracted, but it seems to be very closely related to a head cold. However, I am not quite sure but that I didn’t contract two separate illnesses at the same time; thus adding to my current mixed bag of symptoms.

Irregardless, I still have multiple responsibilities to take care of.

I’m going to be required to write a couple of speeches here in the near future for one of my classes. I really need some inspiration, so I just thought I would browse the internet and see what all I would run across…

hmmm… this looks interesting:

*Real* Oklahoma Laws:

Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate on private property in groups of three or more. If you have more than two dogs at home this means that one dog gets to stay in the house. I would want to be that one dog.

Whaling is illegal. I suggest that we let all the non-violent whale poachers in Oklahoma out of jail to help relieve the overcrowding in our state's prisons.

Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state. I would say that there needs to be a special task force formed to handle the current hair problem in this state. Aren’t the bonds set higher for the juvenile violators?

People who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and/or jailed. What if the dog makes the ugly face first? Does that still count?

Women may not gamble in the nude, in lingerie, or while wearing a towel. This law just proves how insightful and anticipatory our lawmakers really are. I’m fairly certain that this law was in effect before the lottery was voted in. I am not exactly sure what the real reasoning is behind this piece of legislation but I think that I might have a clue. Is it the action of the player’s scratching on the scratch off tickets that causes the problem here?

Most of us haven’t been to law school so the interpretation of most of our laws is left up to our various levels of individual capabilities. Of course, a lot of people learn what the laws are through experience due to the consequences of their various infractions.

Many folks learn about a lot of laws through their parents and family though, and most of us don’t even bother to look these laws up.

Sometimes I think parents make laws up just to keep their kids in line.

*sigh* I think that I will pursue a less serious subject for my speeches. Laws and government type things can be confusing sometimes.

later…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The picture of the May 24, 1610, law is Virginia’s first onsite law which goes to show that most of our laws have good reasoning behind them; and are written and enforced due to necessity.

There are a lot of links with listings of odd laws throughout the 50 states. I don’t know if they are all true or not.

Here’s a few links:

Stupid Laws from Oklahoma

Dumb Laws

America’s Loony Laws (This is a British site.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home