< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Is the Bible Out of Style?


So the Bible isn’t true.

Well, at least parts of it aren’t true.

Hmmm, maybe a few chapters and scriptures aren’t true.

Let’s see now… which part of it isn’t true again?

Ah heck.

Now they’ve got me all confused.

Is the Bible true or not?

How’s this going to affect my life?

What about your life?

How about the church listings in the Yellow Pages?

Should I tell the kids?

I can’t tell the kids!

I can’t operate in this gray stuff. I like things black and white (with a little red for Jesus’ quotes).

“appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.

Maybe I can use this phrase in a court of law. Hmmm…

“We should not expect total accuracy from the Bible...”

Let’s see… how can I apply this theory to my every day life?

I’ll never hear the end of it now from the atheists.

What am I talking about? I'm talking about The Gift of Scripture which is a study book that has been written by the bishops of England, Wales, and Scotland. They state that the Bible is not the document that we all thought it was. As in… it’s not 100% true. (From their viewpoint.)

What? I’m speaking in past tense already?

Here’s their website:

England & Wales Liturgy Office

Here are a couple of articles:

Catholic Church No Longer Swears by Truth of the Bible

The Gift of Scripture – it’s an issue of authority

So, what do you think about it?

Tell ‘em!

England & Wales Liturgy Office


**********

A Christian charity is sending a film about the Christmas story to every primary school in Britain after hearing of a young boy who asked his teacher why Mary and Joseph had named their baby after a swear word. The Breakout Trust raised £200,000 to make the 30-minute animated film, It’s a Boy. Steve Legg, head of the charity, said: “There are over 12 million children in the UK and only 756,000 of them go to church regularly.
That leaves a staggering number who are probably not receiving basic Christian teaching.”

I wonder how that happened.

**********

P.S. Now folks, before you get your feathers all ruffled up... my faith hasn't been shook up by this thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home