< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Online Museums...


I accidentally ran across a calculator museum the other night. It was very interesting. I did not realize that there was such a thing as an "Online Museum". Later I discovered that there is a Museum of Online Museums. I didn't count all of the museums that they had listed, but there are a lot!

I e-mailed the proprietor of The Old Calculator Web Museum. The gentleman was very nice and obliging and he gave me permission to post a picture of one of his collected items. I chose to post the advertisement of a Friden calculator which is what you see at the top of this post.

I know that people collect all kinds of things. Some of those collections are very interesting and intriguing but are only known by, or available to, a very small audience. With an online museum most anyone can share their collection globally. I think that it is a great idea and is deserving of a museum-like word of approval: *neato*

later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home