< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...


Good news tonight. The boy's won their basketball game. It was a great game and they played really hard. I'm proud of them.

The bad news is that I had given the camera to Parker to take some photos of the game. I hooked the camera up to the computer to download the pictures and... there weren't any pictures.

After questioning Parker about the pictures he took (I know he took them because I saw the camera flash) he said that he had deleted them all. Why? Why did he do that? He said that he didn't know that I wanted them.

?Huh?! *exasperation*

Now down to the ugly stuff. After we got home this evening I took a little time out to look up and read about the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas. You know the group. The ones who do all the protesting and demonstrating. Their last event was held here today at the funeral of one of our soldiers who was killed in Iraq.

I am so thankful that I live in a country where we have the freedom of speech to such a great degree. I just hate that a lot of the free speech liberties are done in such 'bad taste'.

So, I had to find out what was making these people 'tick'. I spent quite some time on their website digging around this evening. There's a lot of reading material there, albeit a lot of it is... how do you say it... Well, I guess I'll just spit out.

A lot of their "Christianity" appears to be "back-asswards" to me.

So... my curiosity has been satisfied, Parker is still alive, and I can go to bed victorious tonight.

later...

1 Comments:

Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I'm really sorry that your family had to go through that.

I'm a Christian and I really don't appreciate the lack of respect that these protestors have shown.

I hope that you and your family were able to have a peaceful Veteran's Day.

later...

November 11, 2005 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home