< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

It Isn't Fair...

It's late and I need to go to bed.

I went to the Central Oklahoma Veterinary Medical Association meeting this evening.

I have worked on my researched speech and timed myself. It's too long. I'm going to need to cut some stuff out of it to make the 9 minute time limit.

I got to thinking.

"Am I really that long-winded?"

So I thought that I would just write a few short sentences here and say goodnight.

hmmmm...

This is really hard.

I have to make a comment about one thing before I go to bed.

Did you hear about the lawsuit that some of the hurricane victims have filed? Something about the temporary housing aid and how they've been 'slighted'. They're wanting to make it a class action suit.

One of the plaintiffs, William Davis said, "It's a five-bedroom house. If you have six people in the house, and you give $2,000, and another person has only one person in the house and they get the same, that's not fair."

I don't think it's fair that none of the other disaster victims from past disasters got this kind of aid. What about all of those people?

Let's start over.

Why don't we just take it all back. The trailer houses, the money... take back everything that doesn't come in the "standard disaster aid kit" and treat the hurricane disasters just like all the others?

Would that make you happy?

later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home