< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Normal Abnormalities...

I know that there are a lot of kids taking SAT's and ACT tests right about now. A lot of stress for all involved.

Some kids are trying really hard to get high scores so that they can get their college tuition paid for. At least a part of it.

College is expensive and so the parents are especially motivated to help their kids succeed.

There are parents that are willing to pay doctors 'big bucks' to get a disability diagnosis for them. It seems that certain "certifiable" disabilities will buy your child extra time on these standardized tests. We all remember those darn timed tests.

Some kids are bright enough that they can fake their way through standardized disability testing. This would save the parents even more money if they work the system right.

So these kids get into the colleges of their choice with their artificially pumped up test scores. I wonder how they do once they are in school for a couple of semesters?

Do they get extra consideration in the classrooms because of their "disability"?

When they graduate and get their diploma is there an asterisk on it or something? You know, a mark or some form of identification letting us know about their *special* circumstances?

Employers have to have some kind of clue about what kind of work they can accomplish. We wouldn't want to fire someone who was unqualified to do the job would we?

later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Moof said...

Peace and Blessings TJ!

Thank you for the kind comment left on "Letting Go." I came to take a peek at your blog, and enjoyed it so much that I put a link to it in my own.

Please keep me in your prayers, and I will keep you in mine.

Moof

November 13, 2005 6:12 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thank you for the link and the compliments. You have been added to my blog as well.

Please keep me in your prayers, and I will keep you in mine.

It would be an honor.

later...

November 13, 2005 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home