< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Way Things Happen...

Well, I have essentially completed my assignments. All that is left is 'tweaking' and checking them further for grammatical and spelling errors and what not. Well... maybe not the grammatical stuff because I'm really not good at that.

My mom is 70 years old now. Happy Birthday, MOM! I am having a little trouble dealing with the fact that my "mom" (put a little teenager whine in that) is *70*. I don't know why. I didn't have any trouble turning 30 years old and I pretty much turned 40 without too much pain, but my "mom's" birthday seems to be giving me some sort of psychological difficulties.

Maybe it's because I had lost a couple of years and didn't realize that it was her 70th birthday? Sorry, Mom. Really.

Maybe it's just the shock of it all. I thought she was going to be 68. Being a year off would have been better (at least it would seem better to her) and her turning 69 would have given me at least a year to adjust to the fact that she would be 70 in 365 more days. I feel like I need some sort of counseling here. *gee whiz*

While I had been thinking that I had temporarily lost my mind, I changed the subject and I returned to the unsettling feeling that I had pretty much "lost my week-end". You know, I felt like I hadn't really accomplished much.

Then I got an e-mail from Sue, my neighbor across the street, and I guess that I have been reminded how each of our lives touch one another, intertwine and support the soul.

As you remember, I had a nail in my tire and I had gone to get it fixed on Saturday. While I was there waiting I struck up a conversation with a woman there named Pat.

Pat is from Chicago and her job transferred her to Oklahoma. She is a really nice woman and is pleasant to talk to. Anyway, she got to talking to me about her job and some difficulties there and some of her feelings about it all.

I told Pat about my going to college again and how much I have been enjoying it. (I know, I whine a lot.) Anyway, I got her e-mail address and told her that I would send her the information that I had to help her get started back to school. I got it off to her as soon as I got home.

She sent me a wonderful reply today and it was really sweet:

Life is funny, sometimes a perfect stranger can enlighten your life. Thank you for jump starting mine, believe me, it needed one. : )

So then Sue sends me this picture this evening. It's of her, sitting in her recliner, with one of my cats. He looks like he is in Heaven there on her recliner!

From the looks of it, he might be turning into her cat. My cats aren't allowed in the house.

So now, I am looking at my week-end in a whole new light.

I finished my homework x's 2 classes. I got my flat tire fixed. I made a new friend which is good. I will probably need another friend, now that I have successfully estranged my mother. And I have given away an extra cat that I really didn't need in the first place.

*sigh*

No wonder I'm so tired.

later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Moof said...

T.J.! You're a student? *boggle!* That's just incredible. What are you taking?

I went back to school in August ... and am just amazed how many of us there are furthering our educations as, erm, *cough* ... "mature adults."

I'm thinking of leaving the "online college scene" to head for scarier pastures as live-in university student sometime after the holidays. Still haven't decided ...

November 27, 2005 9:36 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Yes, I'm a student. I have an A.S. degree and have gone back to school to get a B.S. in business.

You should consider going to class. The evening classes will have a lot more *adults* in them like you and me than you would ever imagine. I find that they are great fun and are very stimulating.

Of course, there's a lot of homework and assignments to do, but other than that I really have enjoyed going back to school.

When I was young I just absolutely hated school. Now things are different. I might be starting to grow up.

later...

November 27, 2005 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home