< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Merry Christmas!


We're back from our annual musical Christmas School Concert. All of the kids did a very good job and it was a wonderful presentation. The high school band and choir performed some difficult pieces of music tonight. And I must say that the little elementary kids did a spectacular job too.

Hearing some Christmas music was nice for a change.

When I had taken Carrie to the mall I had noticed the music that was playing didn't have any Christmas-type of songs. You know... carols and such.

Not even one.

Kind of made me sad.

It was at Penn Square Mall (if anyone wants to know).

It is really nice to be somewhere, and to be a part of something, where Christmas is welcome.

"All Blogged Up" seems to have found out that there are a lot of "Closet Christmas Types" at a local Wal-Mart. Maybe there aren't as few of us Christmas well-wishers as the media wants to make it out to be.

Of course, you have to wonder about people who seem to be a little mad about the Christmas and Holiday terminology debate. Elephant Soap seems to be a little huffy about it too.

It just seems to me that Christmas just isn't "their holiday".

Kind of makes them "grouchy".

So I have a great solution.

Why don't they not celebrate it.

They can work the hospital shifts...

and the overnights at the telephone company...

and at the police department...

and at all of those other jobs that have to keep going on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

They could cover for all of those people who believe in Christmas and who want to celebrate it with their families and with Christmas parades and such.

All the folks who want a Holiday Parade and a Happy Holiday, well they can celebrate on New Year's Day. In fact, why don't they just pick any day of the year that they want for their own special holiday.

If you don't like Christian holidays... hey, don't be a part of them.

But don't shove anti-Christmas stuff down my throat.

Let's not forget that this is the United States of America. I don't have to be politically correct and I don't have to be tolerant, especially when it concerns my religious beliefs.

And while I am on my little soap box here:

What really irritates me is that there are those who want me, as a citizen, to be tolerant of them and support their religious freedoms and to listen to all of their "rhetoric". But they want to be intolerant, critical, and judgemental of my rights, viewpoints, and beliefs.

In other words... they want me to listen to them but they don't want to listen to me.

Seems to me that things are a little skewed here.

If anyone would like to read a little bit about the history of Christmas you might find out some things that you didn't know about.

According to World Book: Christmas is a Christian holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ.

And for those of you who think you are taking the "Christ" out of Christmas:

The word Xmas is sometimes used instead of Christmas. This tradition began in the early Christian church. In Greek, X is the first letter of Christ's name. It was frequently used as a holy symbol.

later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Moof said...

Wow! What a great post!!! I went and checked out that Elephant blog ... *sigh* ... no wonder you're worked up.

What really gets me is these liberal folks think that when you exclude Christianity, that you're somehow being inclusive. I never could follow that. They're the same people who think that giving minorities special rights constitutes justice for those who are on the other side of that particular "issue" and end up losing their natural rights ...

Makes you awful tired to think about it ...

December 14, 2005 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home