< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Tomorrow...


We came home from the basketball games tonight, ate some leftovers, I went through my e-mail, then I sat down to work on my Final Paper... *some more*.

When I looked up it was already after 10pm.

Tomorrow we start all over again, with work and school, ending with the school Christmas Program starting at 6pm.

At least I am fairly certain that we will have a tomorrow. I hope all of you do too.

It doesn't look like Tookie Williams is going to have too many more tomorrows.

I really have a hard time understanding how people can support a man like that.

I guess I should take into consideration that he has left such a great legacy to so many gang members. Having been the co-founder of the Crips Gang, that lends itself to quite an accomplishment in and of itself.

I suppose.

Reportedly Mr. Williams is a 'jewel' in society now, writing children's books and all. But he fell short of my vote for the Nobel Peace prize since he wasn't able to get the Crips to disband before his execution.

Not that he really tried to, or anything like that.

The least he could have done was to turn in some of the other murderers that he knew. Being the "good little gang member" that he is, that really wasn't likely to happen.

Tookie Williams, a "beacon of hope" to all the young gang members in this country.

Sorry, I meant to all the "troubled youths".

Tookie Williams is someone to look up to. You know, like Superman, Roy Rogers, et al.

Although nobody will be looking up at him tomorrow as he'll probably be at eye-level with the witnesses of his death on the executioner's table.

Yeah... I guess there's quite a few folks that think that murdering a couple of people isn't so bad and that he shouldn't have to pay the penalty that a judge and jury has awarded him.

After all... rules and laws were made to be broken. Right?

I guess that Mr. Tookie Williams' friends don't think we should have to pay any fines or penalties for breaking any laws.

Do you?

Well... they would probably make *me* pay my fines and penalties since I am not notorious, or anything close to it.

If I could only get nominated for something... *anything*.

Which makes me wonder... if my boys foul someone in a basketball game, do you think I could talk the referees out of awarding those penalty shots to the other team?

We need all the 'outside' help we can get.

I'll tell them that my boys have earned 'redemptive points' at school... or something like that.

I think it's worth at least a try.

later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Moof said...

Although I'm ambivalent about the death penalty, I believe that we belong to a society that has been taught that there are no consequences for their actions, and that when there are, they simply haven't learned to properly manipulate the world around them.

It's a topsy-turvy world, when the victims become the aggressors, and the aggressors are touted as the "real victims" of the situation.

It's not going to improve without a lot of re-education ...

December 13, 2005 8:03 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I knew that public school had failed to teach me something!

I wonder if there is a college course out there for manipulation because I sure am lacking in that area.

"The Art of Manipulation: How to Do and Get Everything You Ever Wanted Out of Life-No Matter What"

later...

December 13, 2005 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home