< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Identity Theft...

Who are you?

Do I know you?

How do I know that you are who you say you are, and are therefore real?

It seems that Judy McLeod, of the Canadian Free Press, was taken in by a fake blogger.

At least some think she has.

It can happen to anyone. With a b'jillion blogs and other personal websites, anybody could take on any personna they wish.

According to the CFS article, the blogger even replied to Ms. McLeod via e-mail. A continuance of the charade. She posted the following quote from the supposed Mr. Mel Gibson:

…"Now I am at a point in my life where I want to do whatever I can to make the biggest difference to people, to open their eyes to the truth, and to defeat the forces of evil which threatens our future," he wrote me in an email.

"Although I have been in, and directed movies that millions of people have seen, I have never really had the opportunity to engage in a two-way dialogue with so many people of the kind I am engaged in now. It is thrilling and satisfying."


There's even a picture of Mel Gibson posted on the fake blog. At least it there is one as of this posting.

NewMax is the reporting source concerning this hoax. They are the ones who are saying that it is fake. They don't have a glowing reputation either.

One search result showed Wikipedia mentioning Mel Gibson's blog.


But when I go to the link I can't find it. Additionally, this Wikipedia page shows that it was updated yesterday, January 15th. Perhaps it was removed at that time? Who knows?

I don't have the connections to disprove either theory. Is the blog legitimate or is it fake? An internet search doesn't provide any other sources of information concerning this story, nor does it reveal an official website link for Mel Gibson.

I can say one thing, I visited that blog for just a few minutes and I didn't like what I saw, or read, at all. While I don't know Mr. Gibson personally, I find it very doubtful that he really is the author of that website.

But that's just my opinion.

Not a bona fide fact.

later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home