< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Details, Details, Details...

This evening I have completed all the necessary forms and have supplied the requested information for the kids' trip.

Vaccination records, personal info, telephone numbers, health insurance, and more. A bunch of stuff x's 2.

I've signed the forms, the kids have signed; we've all been signed, and we are signed up.

The paperwork part of this annual event has been completed.

Carrie's photography entry was completed and is RTG. (Ready To Go) While it took longer for her to get her pictures taken, she didn't have near the trouble in picking out her photo as Parker did. That right there is a big eye-opener on the differences in their personalities.

The photo I have posted tonight is Carrie's convention entry for the black and white photograph category.

We still haven't gotten every little item taken care of yet, but the light is beginning to shine at the end of the tunnel.

By the way...

I got a call this afternoon from the sewing machine repairman. He says that it is going to cost $150 to fix my machine. And it won't be ready until next week.

If he had told me that before I had gotten Carrie's outfit completed, I don't know what would have upset me more...

The timeframe for the return of my sewing machine, or the cost of the repairs.

As it stands, I am only upset about the cost. Once again, I am so thankful for having the use of my neighbor Sue's sewing machine last night.


Well... all of the kids at the school certainly have done a lot of work on their projects. Carrie is entered in a vocal competition too and has been practicing with a mixed quartet. And then there's the track events that I have been coaching. I still haven't gotten any pictures taken of Parker's science project so I can show it to you guys. I hope to get those taken pretty soon.


I hope they have a lot of fun at the convention.

I wish I could go and watch them all run, sing, and compete...

But I'll be there in my heart.

later...

9 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

What kind of convention is this?

It reminds me of the competitions I went to in the christian school I was in high school. ACE schools ...Some states had state conventions, ours was a tri state (colorado, new mexico and ...someone else ..too long ago to remember) and then the winners went to Nationals.

We had competitions that varied from sports, to music, drama, writing, photography ..any and every imaginable competition possible, including academics.

Hey, were you safe from the weather tonight?

March 30, 2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

It is yet another beautiful photo!

March 31, 2006 3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photograph is really striking, and I'm certain that it's going to get a lot positive attention. I hope she wins!

You know, you might be able to get a brand new sewing machine for that price ... or one that is as good as new that someone is selling ...

Along with Peggikaye, I need to ask if you're hanging in there where the weather is concerned ... ?

March 31, 2006 4:55 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Yes, P.K... The convention is affiliated with the ACE schools.

The sewing machine thing, Moof... I know they have the new computerized ones and some really neat stuff out there, but Mom and Dad gave me this machine for my high school graduation present and I tend to get sentimental attachments to things like that.

Weather... the thunderstorms split and went north and south of here. We didn't get any rain at all from it. Just wind gusts up to 40 to 45mph is all. I would like to have some more rain but without the 3" hail, 80mph winds, and tornadoes. If you know what I mean.

Thanks for the compliment on the picture. I'll tell Carrie. It'll make her feel good.

Gotta run...

Catch ya'...

later...

March 31, 2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

We got same thing you did weatherwise ... split north and south of us, too much, too hard of winds. Would have liked the rain minus the dangerous stuff.
Oklahoma just isn't getting our weather right this year!

Moof is right about the picture, beautiful!

That is so cool that they are going to the ACE convention! Now I'm really excited for them! I still have my Nationals certificate from when I went with the one act play. (1981)
Tell them I'll be cheering them on from Tulsa.

March 31, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I still have my Nationals certificate from when I went with the one act play. (1981)

Wow!

This will be Carrie's third year to participate. She has qualified to go to nationals the last two years but has yet to win there. But I think that it's really great that she even made it that far.

I hope they both qualify for nationals, but the funds to send them...

*whew* It'll be steep. And I am not sure if I can send two kids.

later...

March 31, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

How cool! Where are nationals this year? Where has she gotten to go?

Our one act play took 7th. (which, they don't tell you after 4th, our drama teacher went and found out). The following year, I wrote the one act play our school took. But, we moved here. The play took 1st in Denton Texas ... I was here though ... so I wasn't in it.

Such a great experience. She'll never forget it. I have a friend who goes to church with me. She lived in Texas in high school. One night as we were getting ready to do a musical, she was doing my hair, we got talking, and found out we'd both been to Nationals in 1981 ...we both still talk about it!

Two kids ... candy bar to be sold by the cartful! :)

March 31, 2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

This year the national convention is at James Madison University in Harrisburg, Virginia.

Last year I believe they were in Arizona?

I can't remember right now. I just remember that she got to see the Grand Canyon...

Something that I have yet to see myself.

later...

March 31, 2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Harrisburg VA ...how cool! Lots of history to see!

My son has seen the Grand Canyon, but I haven't.

Such fun.

March 31, 2006 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home