< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Eggs-a-ronious...

It didn't rain much at all the first half of today, mostly sprinkles and mist. This afternoon though we have gotten some fairly constant rain, some of it was heavy rain.

I got involved in my schoolwork today and forgot to put on my pot of brown beans. I went ahead and started them though; believing in the prospect that we will be eating again tomorrow. But needless to say, for tonight, I had to come up with an alternative for dinner.

I have been known to invent things in the kitchen. At times it is due to necessity and what resources are available in the refrigerator and kitchen cabinets.

Some things are tasty and some things are...

not so tasty.

When I invent tasty things the kids would tell me to 'remember how you did it', so that we could enjoy it again. Unfortunately, there has been many a meal that has been eaten that was created with ingredients that were to be rarely available again.



Living in town means that I miss a lot of things. One of the things that I really miss are my chickens. I love having a hen house, a rooster, and fresh eggs. I also love raising baby chicks.

With your own hens you will go through periods of famine and plenty. The egg laying cycle is directly affected by the time of year as well as the weather. When you have an abundance of eggs you are looking for ways to use as many of them as possible.



Things that affect how and what you cook are directly related to availability of ingredients as well as time and effort. Tonight, I didn't want to spend the time or put out the effort.

One of my dishes that I have invented is called eggs-a-ronious. It was named by my oldest son a very, very long time ago.

We haven't had eggs-a-ronious in quite some time. I was short on time and lacked motivation to cook...

Cooking this dish always takes me back to the night that I created it, and tonight I got another flash back as I was cracking one of the eggs.

I had an egg with a double yolk! I couldn't believe my eyes. It has been quite some time since I have had the pleasure of cracking a double-yolked egg.

I used to have a couple of hens that were notorious for laying eggs with two yolks. What surprised me the most was that it was a 'store bought' egg.


We live in a pasteurized and shrink-wrapped world. Oblivious to many of the oddities and realities of life.


Take for instance, Christian persecution.


Most Americans don't have a clue about Christian persecution and consequently don't think a thing about it.

There are probably a lot of people that don't believe that it even exists.

Just like some people don't believe there is such a thing as double-yolked eggs.

I know that religious persecution exists, but I have to be honest and say that I have never suffered from it.

I have never witnessed a single act of Christian persecution.

So I don't really know what it would be like.

What if we were to face the death penalty for pronouncing our Christian faith?

How strong would we be?

How strong would I be?

Could I stand firm in the face of death?

There is a Christian man who is in an Afghanistan jail. He used to be a Muslim. He has since converted to Christianity. His Muslim relatives turned him in.

Christian Convert Faces Execution in Afghanistan-

March 19, 2006

KABUL -- An Afghan man faces the death penalty for converting to Christianity, an Afghan supreme court judge said on Sunday.

...the man could face the death penalty if he refused to revert to Islam as Sharia law proposes capital punishment for any Muslim who converts to another religion. Afghanistan's constitution states: "No law can be contrary to the sacred religion of Islam."



So you think that this couldn't possibly be true. The new Afghan government isn't the Taliban.

These people are 'moderate Muslims', not extremists. Right?


Afghan Man Faces Execution After Converting to Christianity

Abdul Rahman, 40, was arrested last month, accused of converting to Christianity.

Under Afghanistan's new constitution, minority religious rights are protected but Muslims are still subject to strict Islamic laws.

And so, officially, Muslim-born Rahman is charged with rejecting Islam and not for practicing Christianity.



Ahhh... a legal loop-hole.


CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) has published some poll results.

Two New Polls Show Negative Image Of Islam In U.S.

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 3/9/2006) – Two polls released today indicate that almost half of Americans have a negative perception of Islam and that one in four of those surveyed have “extreme” anti-Muslim views.

...An independent survey by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) shows that some one-fourth (23 to 27 percent) of Americans consistently believe stereotypes such as: “Muslims value life less than other people,” and “The Muslim religion teaches violence and hatred.” Those with the most negative attitudes toward Islam tended to be older, less-educated and politically conservative. (The results released today confirm those of a similar CAIR poll taken in 2004.)


I can't imagine how such stereotypes could have been fostered.

Obviously CAIR is none too happy about this.

But, hey...

Surely this could all be changed by a fancy New York public relations firm. Right?


So we're back to my double-yolked egg. Eggs with two yolks are laid much more often than people think. It is a natural ocurrence.

But due to marketing, and the fact that people like to have things in neat little packages...

And folks don't like to eat/face things that aren't considered 'normal'...

These little "oddities" of nature are plucked out, screened, censored if you will and thus... over time aren't even considered as having existed.



Many generations of Christians have come and gone since the founding of this country.

Having been spoonfed homogenized and pasteurized news that is controlled by a liberal media...

We have forgotten that Christian persecution really does still exist.

As Christians, we cannot continue to be passive.

later...

10 Comments:

Blogger Moof said...

Whew! That's quite a post! Not sure where to begin ...

You're right - persecution does exist ... and I believe that we've only seen a small part of what's to come ... not just for former Moslems turned Christian, but for all Christians.

About chickens and double yolks ...

We still have some chickens - silkies, ameraucanas, polish, and a cochin. If you turn a light on for them, they'll start laying again after a brief pause in the fall, and will lay all winter, although at a slightly reduced rate. And the double yolks - most often come from older hens, although we've had some younger girls throw a few now and again.

We don't hatch chicks anymore, although I must say that I really enjoyed it when we did.

Look out for that homogenized news, by the way - what you don't know can hurt you ...

March 19, 2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Oh! How lucky you are to have chickens!

not just for former Moslems turned Christian, but for all Christians.

You are exactly right. And if we aren't careful...

it'll happen here in the United States.

later...

March 19, 2006 9:43 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

It's me again...I finally figured out the blogrolling thing...I added you to mine! :)

March 20, 2006 5:08 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hooray!

March 20, 2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

"There are probably a lot of people that don't believe that it even exists."

What's worse ... there are those who are aware, and believe that it's justified, and wish it happened here, and are eagerly awaiting a time when Christianity is stamped out here.

What we have to say, no matter how we say it, is now considered to be cruel, and unacceptable ...critical and close minded.

We are just in the beginnings of understanding the book of 1 Peter. The only way people are going to survive (faith wise)and be able to make that stand, is to hide the word of God into their hearts ...

March 20, 2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

This is shocking! I cannot believe that anyone would be able to be sentenced to death over their own beliefs. Is this how religion works in some parts of the world - Believe what you are told or face death?

This man is standing by what he believes in and now is being persecuted by others. It needs to end now before more innocent lives are taken by those evil and twisted enough to believe that their way is the only way and all who don't believe must die.

March 20, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger AB5SY said...

This has been happening since the beginning of recorded history. I've been a Baptist, a Mormon, and now a Seventh Day Adventist. At one time as a member of either group, I was expect to look down my knose at the other two..........so sad for organised religions. And, I am suspect of any denomination that oparates under the Federal Tax Eximtion....thus allowing the Government to dictate (to an ever increasing) what can be preached.

I've never been able to bring myself to eat any egg other then a single yoke hen egg, my Dad raised turkeys, duckes, and such, I refused to even try the eggs......I do not know why, except for the yuck factor. Get thy behind me double yuck egg, you are a freak of nature and my never bath in the grease of my fry pan.

March 20, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

T.J. Did you hear about the goings on here in Tulsa today?

Several people arrested at ORU ...people who were 'protesting' ORU's teaching ... wanting to tell students they had the right to not be taught what they were being taught.

The Christian tenets of the faith were keeping them from being truly free. And as college students, they had the right to not be taught such things, or be expected to live under such codes of beliefs.

I heard it on the 5 oclock news and thought how ironic it happened today, not only in the USA, but in Oklahoma.
The protesters who were arrested felt (for tresspassing on private property) were outraged that they weren't given the right to free these poor deprived students.

March 20, 2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

No! I hadn't heard about that!

What were those protestors thinking? ORU is a private Christian university and one of the most 'expensive' at that!

What makes them think that students were being forced and subjected to anything that they didn't already know was there?

Surely the protestors understand that students can go to any school that they want... as long as they have the funds to do so.

OR is this just the beginning...

later...

March 20, 2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=100880

March 20, 2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home