< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Midnight Snow...



A midnight snow last night left a rich thick blanket over the landscape. The morning chill did not dampen the cheerful spirit of the birds.

The earth was happy.

By midday, much of the crystal treasure had melted, releasing its precious moisture to the earth below. The sun broke through revealing the rich blue sky, accented by the sticcato of white puffy clouds.


Psalm 148
1 Praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD from the heavens,
praise him in the heights above.

2 Praise him, all his angels,
praise him, all his heavenly hosts.

3 Praise him, sun and moon,
praise him, all you shining stars.

4 Praise him, you highest heavens
and you waters above the skies.

5 Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for he commanded and they were created.

6 He set them in place for ever and ever;
he gave a decree that will never pass away.

7 Praise the LORD from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,

8 lightning and hail, snow and clouds,
stormy winds that do his bidding,

9 you mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars,

10 wild animals and all cattle,
small creatures and flying birds,

11 kings of the earth and all nations,
you princes and all rulers on earth,

12 young men and maidens,
old men and children.

13 Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for his name alone is exalted;
his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

14 He has raised up for his people a horn, [b]
the praise of all his saints,
of Israel, the people close to his heart.
Praise the LORD.

(New International Version)


later...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

How lovely - great photo. We have had a couple of wonderful spring days, the sort of days that give hope but today I woke up to a wet, grey, dull, dismal, typically English day!

March 24, 2006 12:56 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I love the picture. Do you take the photos yourself?

March 24, 2006 4:23 AM  
Blogger Moof said...

TJ - that's beautiful! Did you take that picture?

Lovely post! Thank you!

March 24, 2006 5:08 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Awwwww Geesh! I now feel guilty for being so grousy at yesterdays snowy weather. Our support pastor said "Isn't it beautiful?" I said "No!" I was grumbling about it. You made it sound so wonderful!

(I was there to talk about my Sunday School lesson of Praising the Lord at all times ...how ironic! that just hit me, so glad she didn't point that out!

It WAS pretty. Today is bright and the sun is shinning. Cold ..but beautiful.

March 24, 2006 6:21 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thank you guys for the compliments on my photo.

Yes... I take all the photos, unless I give a source/link/reference to them stating otherwise.

We had almost 4 inches of snow here at my house. The flower is from one of my flower beds.

I am literally only home for a few minutes to take care of some "kid stuff" and "taxi cab work", then I have to be back to work.

I don't know what time I'll be back.

Tonight's post might consist of saying 'goodnight'.

later...

March 24, 2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger AB5SY said...

Now I'm jealous, we did not receive any snow in Ardmore, just a hop-skip-and'ah jump from OKC. The picture was fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us.

March 24, 2006 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home