< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My List...

I was able to check some things off of my list this afternoon.

While my list is still quite long and far from being completed, at least it appears to be more manageable for the moment.

I am enrolled for the next two semesters at school.

I diagnosed my sewing machine problem and it is currently at the shop to be repaired.

I got my 2007 tag sticker for my van.

I sewed Carrie's garment that she needed for convention...

Sue's sewing machine did a very good job. I also noticed that it appears to be made of metal parts. *hmmpf*

Thank you so much Sue for letting me use your sewing machine! I really, really appreciate it.

I was able to get Carrie's outfit sewn in just over two hours. While I was sewing I again was reminded about how long it has been since I have done any type of needlework.

I have crocheted a bit in the last several years and have also done some other types of 'crafty' projects. But I haven't worked at all with needle and thread for a very long time. I would venture to say that it has been around 15 years?

Surely it hasn't been that long ago.

Where has the time gone?

Well, I realized something that has changed quite a bit in the last 15 years or so...

I had to use my drug store reading glasses.

I can't see well enough to thread a needle.


This is sad...

disheartening...

and quite humbling.


Well folks, I am tired.

So I guess I'll just take my poor aging body to bed.

later...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ ... I got so tired reading what you've accomplished that I need to go take a nap! *blink!*

I haven't sewn in a long time either - and it's been almost a year since I sat down to crochet ... I like doing Tunisian crochet ... it's replaced regular crochet and knitting for me.

Well ... I'm sure not going to get any of that done anytime soon ... *LOL*

Time is strange ... it can seem so long - and so short - all at the same ... "time."

March 30, 2006 5:26 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

I don't do any kind of needle work ...you wouldn't want me to ...it would result in something far too scary!

I don't know whether to be grateful for those drug store reading glasses or upset with them ;) I finally made the appointment with the eye doc for Monday ...haven't been in 3 years. Opps. Didn't need them last time I saw him ...required now ...grr

I do hope you're taking time to get some quality rest in all that you're doing ....

March 30, 2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Do I lead a sheltered life?

What is "Tunisian" crochet?

I am trying on the "rest" part.

Still working on this list for the kids...

later...

March 30, 2006 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home