< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Nice Week-End... But the Neighbors are Weird.


I wore shorts and a t-shirt this entire week-end.

Nice...

Weather was very warm, 80's, but no rain.

Sad...

A cold front is expected tonight, so back to long sleeves and a jacket for tomorrow.

Ran the water sprinkler both days. (I have a big yard.)

What is it about water sprinklers that makes you want to sit and watch them?

They're quite soothing to me.

I was able to get some schoolwork completed and work in my flower beds a bit.

Some of my hostas are beginning to peek through!

*Proud*

My bulbs have survived the drought for the most part (I am missing a tulip) but my grass...

*So Sad*

It has been raining in the eastern part of the state but not here. A tornado watch that was issued for here has been cancelled. I am so sorry for the people who were killed in the tornadoes over the week-end.

The evils of spring in the heartland...

With the cancelling of the tornado watches here where I live, does this now mean no chance of rain?

*sigh*

Oklahoma is wanting rain so badly that even the businesses are posting statements on their billboards saying things like, "Pray for Rain". There are even local businesses that have it on their banners on the internet.

I only went in to work one time this week-end. I went in this afternoon for an echo, so that was good.

The people who own the house next door had built themselves a new house out in the country and moved out. They have been renting out their house that is next door to me.

This is the second group of renters in there now, and they are a group of young adults. College age kids. I dont' have it quite figured out yet, there seems to be like... more than one group of people living there?

Anyway, shortly after they had moved in they brought in a trampoline and were jumping off the roof onto the trampoline. Yep, they had put a ladder against the house and were climbing up it taking turns jumping off the roof. There was a young child doing it too. I think she was around 8 years old or so?

I was sitting in my breezeway early this evening, before dark, just relaxing and watching my sprinkler. A couple of the neighbor "kids" came out and started shooting some hoops.

Then suddenly, one of the guys got on the roof of the garage. Why? I don't know. The other "kid" was getting the ball to him and he was shooting hoops from the roof for a little while.

Then he saw me. A couple of more hoops and then he jumped down.

What is it with them and the roof of the house and the garage? There's plenty of trees around here for them to climb if they are so inclined.

I was upset about the little kid jumping off the roof onto the trampoline. Everyone else was certainly of legal age, but she wasn't. As far as I know, they haven't done that again, but...

I don't know if I will be able to tolerate another expose` with a little kid on the roof jumping onto a trampoline again.

My early spring flowering bulbs are so pretty. Some of the hyacinths aren't so full, but I am sure that it is due to the lack of rain. I just can't wait for things to really green up around here. Even if I have to water it.

All in all, I have had a nice week-end. Very enjoyable...

And entertaining.

I hope that you have had a nice week-end too.

later...



**The picture is from last year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Moof said...

Yet another cute photo! Did you take that one too?

I sincerely hope that you get some water. The fires you have had over the winter have been really frightening.

Hang in there ... pray for rain!

March 12, 2006 7:15 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Yes... I took this one (and the other one) last summer.

Seeing some of my hostas sprouting today made me dig this one out.

Praying hard.

Carrie just came downstairs saying that she had opened her window (she said she was hot) and smelled smoke.

I just went outside to "look around" and I can't see any flames. And it's too dark to see where any smoke would be coming from.

Hopefully the fire is out? It smells like it is really close by.

I'm glad I had the sprinklers on the yard all week-end.

Thanks for your prayers.

later...

March 12, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Re: young kid trampolining. That's a hard one isn't it. Whether to say something and take the consequences or not saying anything and feeling guilty if an accident occurs. Maybe you could speak to the rental company?

March 13, 2006 5:14 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I don't believe that there is a rental company and that the owners are also their own agents.

Also... the last renters were "good friends of the family"... so that makes me wonder if these folks could also be related in some way?

Saying something bad about 'renters' is one thing. Saying something bad about your relatives is another.

later...

March 13, 2006 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home