< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Please Vote...

The kids will be going to their annual "Regional Convention" one week from tomorrow.

They will be gone for five days competing in various events ranging from basketball, volleyball, track, science projects, singing, academics, and photography.

There are a lot of last minute details.

Both Carrie and Parker have several last minute 'issues'.

Right now, I need your help.


Linda in Norman has reviewed about 500,000 kb's of photographs for us and has picked her favorites.

And I have mine.

Of course, Parker has his favorites.


But this "short list" has to be culled down to one (favorite) photograph.


Parker can only enter one photograph and we have narrowed it down to four.

And we are having a difficult time making up 'our minds'.


The category is simple: Nature and Animals.

Parker and I thought that maybe you guys could help him out a bit in picking out the best entry.


Would you guys please vote for your favorite picture?

Maybe that would help 'us' some more?

Or make us more confused?


Either way, a decision must be made and very soon. Once we have the 'best entry' chosen then we must get it printed as an 8x10 and get it matted and prepared for the competition.

Here are the favorites:

Photograph #1



Photograph #2



Photograph #3





Photograph #4



If Carrie and Parker win first place in any of their areas of competition, then they will get to advance to nationals.

Anybody want to buy some candy??

Thanks guys!!

later...

9 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

I can narrow it down to # 2 and # 4. I like 2 because it has a drop of water, which is very cool, and the color is amazing. Number 4 I like because of the composition...nothing distracting in the background.

Please be advised that I am not an expert.

I am very impressed by this work. How old is Parker? All of the photos are beautiful.

March 26, 2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Jan!

Parker is 13. This is his first year to participate. He is very nervous, but he wouldn't say that to anyone. (But I can tell.)

I failed to add that there are not any age divisions either, so he will be competing with the big kids (high school seniors).

Carrie (who is 15) has competed for the last two years and has been able to make it to nationals two years in a row.

Thanks for voting!

later...

March 26, 2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

I like #3 the best ... I just like the pink ... can't really explain it!

My nephew (16) is very much into photography also. He's going to be going to Tulsa technology center this year. OSU Tech in Olkmulgee when he graduates.

Good luck Parker!

March 26, 2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger AB5SY said...

T.J.

I also have narrowed it to 2 & 4, 2 because it has just enough background to add depth, 4 because of the clarity and beauty of the flower. If I had to chose...I'll go with #4. Luck to Parker. He's made it tough for us to easily narrow it down to a quick pick.

March 26, 2006 10:28 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I like them all but think No. 4. is my favourite. Good luck to Parker and Carrie! Hope they have a great week.

March 27, 2006 2:06 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Hi!
I certainly don't know alot about photography, but I like photo #1. I love the way the sunlight hits the flower just so. Although, they are all quite good. Your son is very talented. You must be so proud!

ps....I would buy some candy!
Good luck to Parker!

March 27, 2006 3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, for my money, I'd vote #3 because the color is vibrant (both the flower and the stem and leaves) and the composition is as near to perfect as I can imagine. Also, there's a hint of another flower in the background, and he managed to capture the delicacy of the flower petals without making them look weighty or overly magnified. Very difficult to do.

March 27, 2006 5:00 AM  
Blogger Oakman said...

#2

March 27, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Oakman said...

#2

March 27, 2006 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home