< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ups and Downs...

We had track practice this afternoon. The kids are getting geared up for their trip and competitions.

Afterwards, Carrie went with some of the kids to study on their Quiz Bowl questions.

Then Parker and I went home and he made his final selections on his pictures.

Thanks everyone for your input!

We uploaded his photos to Walgreens and then went and picked them up. Even though they were ready we had to wait for another print.

The black and white photo had a line across the bottom of it. So the guy changed out the cartridge in the automatic processor and printed us another picture. It didn't take that long, but I just don't seem to have the luxury of "time" right now.

We then went to Hobby Lobby to look for mattes for the pictures. We took some time and finally came up with three that we liked.

*Fortune*... The pre-cut mattes were 1/2 off!

The girl there attached the pictures to the mattes. I also asked her if she would cut and apply a backing to them since they weren't going to be framed entries.

*Blessing*... She said she wasn't going to charge us for the backing!


I was able to locate my sewing box and my sewing machine this evening.

I got the pattern laid out and the fabric cut.

But the sewing machine isn't working right.

It's been so long since I have sewn anything with my machine...

There's no telling what's wrong with it.

*Frustration*


Tomorrow I have an appointment with my university counselor. I need to enroll in my summer classes. It's always hard for me to do something like that since I still haven't completed this semester yet.


*Irritation*

You know, don't start any new projects until you've finished the ones at hand.


I think that is one of the things that is really bothering me right now.

I really don't like loose ends!


*Positive*

Parker's photography entries are finished. YEAH!



I'm really disappointed that my sewing machine isn't working.

*Solution*... I have to come up with one.


I just can't work on it any more tonight. I'm too tired to anyway.


I'm going to say my prayers, go to bed, and sleep on it.


Surely things will look better in the morning.

later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Moof said...

TJ ... I don't know how you do it all! Hang in there!

About the sewing machine - has it been oiled, and both the top and bottom thread tensions set? When I haven't touched my machine in a long time, those are usually the things I have to play with before it runs again...

Good luck!

March 29, 2006 7:01 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Moof.

It's worse than that.

I have taken it partially apart.

One of the worm gears is busted, disintegrating, and crumbling into dust.

Do you remember, in the 70's, when they started using a lot of plastics in things?

Well, this machine is that old. It was given to me as a high school graduation gift from my parents.

All the gears inside of it are plastic.

I am going to drop it off at a repair shop and see what they can do with it on short notice.

Linda and Norman and my neighbor Sue have both offered the use of their machines.

I may have to take one of them up on their offer and borrow a machine, since I am currently working on borrowed time.

Thanks for the thoughts Moof.

Later...

March 29, 2006 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home