< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Various Thoughts...



Linda in Norman has picked up a new hobby.

She has started beading.

Linda sent me some pictures of her work and I am impressed.

Very, very pretty.




Moof added that page she was talking about. She now has a Blogtionary.



I have reading assignments to complete.

But I didn't get them done today.


I fell asleep in my chair.



Kitchen Tip:

I was putting some groceries into the refridgerator and got a little off-balance. I stepped back to regain my balance and felt my heel sink into something soft. I looked down and saw the bright green insides of my carefully selected avocado that I had just bought.

I opened the produce bag and inspected the contents...

Stepping on avocados actually saves you a lot of preparation time. You don't have to peel or mash them...

They're virtually ready to eat.

later...

4 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

Hi,
You obviously chose your avocado wisely, for it to have smooshed so nicely underfoot... I have choosen some in my younger days that were hard as bricks. Luckily, after working 3 years in a Mexican restaurant in college, I learned how to tell when an avocado is nice and ripe...perfect! Happy guacamole making...uhhh...if that's what you're making.

March 12, 2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Yes... it was a very nice avocado... and a large one at that.

It is hard to locate nice avocadoes in the grocery stores, and I spent several mintutes in choosing the ones that I brought home.

I love them in guacomole` and I love them sliced... I love in them in sandwiches...mmmm...

You get the drift.

Much like you, I had opportunity to refine my avocado skills when I was young.

I did my externship in Laredo, Texas, and the Hispanic family that I lived with bought them by the **case**!!

Can you believe it?

I would come home and grab a stack of homemade tortillas, slice some avocadoes, and stuff myself silly.

Those were the days...

later...

March 12, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Sounds like culinary paradise to me!

March 13, 2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

No... Carrie hasn't seen your work yet.

Sorry.

I'll have to show her.

later...

March 13, 2006 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home