< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Heartland Share...

Garden variety thunderstorms have finished rolling through here tonight. They are still heading east, but seem to be diminishing in strength.

We didn't have much more than heavy rain and a lot of lightening and thunder here at the house.

It was a much welcomed rain.


Have any of you heard of Heartland Share?

Share your time. Save on Food.

Are you a 4-H leader or a soccer coach? Do you sing in your church choir, pick up trash on your daily walk, or make dishes for community dinners? Do you take time to pray for those in need, visit a homebound friend, or give your time in some other way? If so, you can participate in Heartland SHARE - the community -minded food network.

Heartland SHARE rewards volunteer service in your community with substantial savings on good, wholesome food. With SHARE you can feed your family serveral nutritious meals - or sponsor a SHARE for a family in need. The monthly specials also make great gifts.



This sounds like a neat idea.

According to their website, this is not donated food.

I volunteer quite a few hours.

I think I should check into this.

hmmm...


Ready to order?

Give SHARE a try this month. It's as easy as 1-2-3

1. Contact the Developer for your area for a nearby SHARE host site where you can place your order, or you can order on line by filling out the Secure Order Form.

2. Complete your volunteer service during the month

3. Pick up your SHARE at your volunteer host site later in the month - usually the third or fourth Saturday.



I wonder what they have to offer?


Sneak Peek of April '06 Basic SHARE Menu and Specials


Basic SHARE Menu

· Deli Sliced Turkey Breast - 1 lb.

· Bratwursts - 1 lb.

· Canadian Bacon - 9 oz.

· Lean Ham Steak - 12 oz.

· Chicken Breast Strips for Fajitas - 15 oz.

· Plus fresh Fruits, fresh Vegetables, and one or two grocery items.


All of the above items for $18.00*+ $2 transportation + $1 handling fee = $21.00 plus 2 hours of volunteer service.



It certainly sounds tasty enough.

Has anyone heard about or participated in this program?

If you have, let me know what you think about it.

later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

I haven't heard of it ... sounds interesting!

April 02, 2006 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of that ... if you find out more, let us know, eh?

Sounds interesting ...

April 02, 2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I think I will seriously check this program out.

Maybe sign up online for a "share" of groceries?

later...

April 02, 2006 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did do it for a while, yes. If it hadn't been for the meat that I ended up giving away since I don't eat it, I'd still be doing it.

They did it at my old church, St. Patricks. Not sure what other churches or organizations are pick-up points for it.

You're right though that it's a good deal if you do eat meat. The veggies and fruit are delicious also. I never got anything that was bad.

April 02, 2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks!

Sounds like something I should do!

later...

April 02, 2006 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home