< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

It Ended Up Being a Nice Little Evening...

We're expecting rain.

Yee-Ha!

So I got home from work and mowed my dirt, I mean grass.

After this rain my dirt, I mean grass, will probably look like a zebra.

I had Parker following behind me with the fertilizer spreader.

It's a drop spreader and I explained to him how it had to be put down "just so".

I tell him this every spring and fall when I ask him to help me with the fertilizing.

Well, while I was mowing I would look behind me to check on him. And whenever I was facing him I would check on his progress. I could see that he wasn't concentrating on the task quite like I would have wanted him to.

So, I expect that after the rain, in about a week, I should have some interesting stripe patterns across my yard.

We'll see.

It will certainly be something to look forward to.


Carrie cleaned out a section of guttering for me that always fills up with the pecan and oak tree cattails.

There are still a lot of cattails in the trees. Surely they'll be finished falling in the next week or so.


Work called me shortly after we had finished.

They needed me to come in.

Carrie and Parker went down the street to stay at our friend's house.


When I got home I called and told them that I was *back*.

Well, they were fixing to eat dinner and asked me to come over and eat with them.

I was tired and didn't have any "argument" left in me.


So our friends fed my whole family this evening.


It was a very nice dinner with really good company.

A perfect end to my day.


Now it's time for bed.

I will go to sleep dreaming about the rain that is to begin forming over our heads.

I hope that I wake up to the sound of rain drops in the morning.

later...

7 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

Yeah for the rain!
Isn't it wonderful to have such loving and caring friends in your life?
What a blessing.

April 28, 2006 3:06 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

how fun !

We're expecting rain too ... so far all we've gotten is cold wind!

April 28, 2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi, isn't it ironic that you are there wishing for rain, and I am here wishing for sunshine! It's great to have friends - the world would be a lonely place without them.

April 28, 2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Yes Pattie, friends are blessings.

Peggikaye, it's only been cloudy with *two* short sprinkles all day long here. It didnt' start raining until after 3pm and even at that it has been sporadic.

I'm glad you guys aren't in a drought over there. Did I hear right though that there has been some flooding over in Europe? I hope that you are high and dry.

later...

April 28, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger AB5SY said...

I don't want anymore rain cause it's rain heavy off and on all day...it's cold and the the stupid rain clouds keep blocking the satt. signals and I can't watch tv............boo hoo hoo, I'm missing the fights. Life is not fair. Dish Network sucs...but cable one sucs even more. Is anyone taping the fights? If you are send me a copy of the tape so I can see who won.............

April 28, 2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

we got rain sometime after noon, but not sure when.

It's been raining ever since.

We'll be caught up on this year's rain fall (for 2006 not the last 12 months) if we keep this up this weekend!!!!

April 28, 2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Sorry Wm H...

I don't watch much television, don't have cable, or satellite, and...

well... I don't even know what "fights" you're talking about. Are they the ones they had at the Capitol this week?
;+ )

We haven't had near that much rain here Peggikaye.

later...

April 28, 2006 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home