< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Friday, April 28, 2006

A Plan for Saturday...

The kids and I went to see a movie at the dollar theatre tonight. It actually costs $1.50 a person now, but it used to be a dollar.

We saw Madea's Family Reunion. While it has received some tough (and on some points deserved) criticism, I was thoroughly entertained. And so were the kids.

Now I need to see the first movie, Diary of a Mad Black Woman that Tyler Perry also wrote, produced, and acted in. I'll probably enjoy it too.


While we were driving back we were caught in a really heavy downpour. I had to pull over on the side of the road and wait for it to subside. There was some minor street flooding, but it wasn't too bad.

We really need the rain.


So Saturday promises to not be so nice weather wise. That's ok by me because I have a paper to finish up and a final to take next week.


For those of you who are local, and are looking for an indoor event you could go to Wilson Elementary School between 1 and 3p.m.

Shelly has decorated a wagon for the little ones and her dog Bonnie will provide rides for them! Their little carnival is for a good cause too.

My girl scout troop and several other troops are having a carnival to raise money to help rebuild two girl scout camps that were destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.


Shelly has all the details on her blog. It should be a lot of fun.

You guys have a great Saturday.

later...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

Hey! I wish I had a dollar theatre around here. It costs $10 to see a movie now...
Glad for your rain, even if you had to pull over.

April 28, 2006 10:51 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I wish you had a dollar theatre too, Pattie!

Of course, these aren't "first run" movies, but nevertheless...

it's fun to go to the movie theatre instead of waiting on the DVD and watching them on television at home.

later...

April 28, 2006 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home