< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Shadow of Humanity...



Today is almost gone.

After reading all of my blogging friends posts I could see an outreach of humanity.


Colorful, kinetic, and ever changing.


Each within their sphere...

touching, moving, bringing color and life to their worlds.


Sharing.


Reaching out to those they have never seen.

Kind-hearted, friendly, jovial, and caring.


Providing a resting spot.

A cool shade for those who need it.


A cool and forgiving shadow of humanity covering our blemishes...

our weaknesses...


Welcome relief from a harsh and unforgiving glare.


Offering strength and hope.


A canopy of filtered sunshine...

a patchwork of light at our feet.


Reaching outward.


Moving silently...

in rhythm with the slightest whisper of a wind...


The shadow of humanity...

The outline of God's hand outstretched.



He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Psalm 91:1 - 2 (NIV)


later...

10 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

That is beautiful, TJ. Do you write poetry?

April 24, 2006 4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ, my dear heart, you are not only a great blogger, you're also a poet!

That post would be nice, printed out - and hung a frame on the wall.

Thank you!

April 24, 2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Just beautiful TJ ... reminds me to take a nice deep breath

April 24, 2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks guys...

And as far as writing poetry...

No.

I really don't.

later...

April 24, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

You should! You have a gift. I am not a fan of poetry per se, but that touched me. I'm with Moof...frameable.

April 24, 2006 12:44 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Um, TJ ...yea, you do, you just did ...

April 24, 2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks guys but (let me show my ignorance here)...

Don't poems have some sort of rhyming or timing or metering or something like that?

I have never studied anything about poems, or learned anything about them in school.

I haven't read many poems either...

Well, I do remember one about Nantuckett, or something like that.

I guess what I am saying here is that you guys have gotten me a little confused and perhaps a little ?flustered?

*blush*

Which, by the way, isn't that hard to do.

later...

April 24, 2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

I am not the worlds expert on poetry ...but no, poetry doesn't have to be metered and rhyming like most of mine is ...

it simply needs to be poetic ...and that ... is poetic

April 24, 2006 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sort of poetry is loosely termed as "Free Verse" ...

... and you're quite good at it!

:o)

April 25, 2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Oh.

I'll have to look that up.

Thanks Moof.

later...

April 25, 2006 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home