< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Stepping Out...


I spent the morning working on my paper.

It has come to the point that I think I'm going to have to quit "fine tuning" it.


I did something today that I have never done in my entire life.

I am really a homebody type of person and I'm not given to walking up to complete strangers and introducing myself.

Working on a tip that was provided by Shelly, I decided that I would go and *cover* a story this afternoon.


Armed with my pen, notepad, and camera, I drove off into the rain this afternoon seeking to get the ~scoop~ on my story.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and walked into the building full of strangers, looking for a familiar face.

I have to tell you that walking up to complete strangers and asking them questions is not my strong suit.


I got to meet Shelly in person.

It kind of surprised her!


When I got home with the "goods", I had a lot of fun pulling the pictures together and writing the story.

The picture is of Shelly's dog, "Bonnie", and the little boy is Nate who road in her wagon.

Shelly said that she took a lot of pictures, so she will probably post a lot of them on her blog.


I want to tell Shelly "thank you" for being such a kind and friendly person.

Because if it hadn't of been for us already meeting each other through our blogging, I would never had the courage to do such a thing.


I think I will do something like this again in the near future.


Your Week-End Neighborhood Reporter.


later...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the great write-up and the awesome pictures! It was really fun meeting you and yes, it did surprise me, but only because I was thinking, "Morgan? I don't have any girls whose last name is Morgan, do I?"

Bonnie definitely had a blast. We are looking forward to being able to do this many more times.

Baylor's gone on his second run today (his first was this last week), and Duchess went on her first time around the block today too. We are going to be running a whole dog fleet here pretty soon. LOL =)

April 29, 2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

oh how cool!!!

April 29, 2006 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! You got to meet each other! :o)

I would love to get to meet my "blog-friends." After a bit, you start to feel as if you know people ... I think it's stranger that we don't actually know each other "IRL." (in "real" life) ...

April 29, 2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

You're welcome Shelly. I hope your girls will enjoy the write up also.

You've done such a good job with Bonnie I bet the other two will do just as well.

Hey Peggikaye...

Got rain? =8+D


Hey Moof... it was nice.

later...

April 29, 2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

WOW. Well done, TJ. How brave of you and a great cover story.

April 30, 2006 6:01 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

That is wonderful that you and Shelly got to meet. I would like to meet a few people, too. I agree with Moof...after a while, you really feel like you know someone.

April 30, 2006 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home