< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Tornadoes Tonight...

Tornado sirens have been going off here the last hour or so. With the wind as still as it is, we could hear El Reno's tornado sirens from our front yard.

Then we heard the Yukon sirens go off.

We have already seen two tornadoes in the distance this evening.

We tried to get some pictures of them, but to no avail. My camera just isn't good enough for those kind of shots.

*sigh*

Several tornadoes are forming and heading towards us.

My neighbor Sue has an open door policy at her house during weather like this.

If a tornado is going to get close to the house here, we'll just scurry across the street to her house and run down to her cellar.

Thanks Sue.

My other neighbors have gathered their kids and dogs and headed to an elderly neighbor who lives behind them.

She isn't able to get down into her cellar by herself, so they go and help her and stay until the storm passes.

Well...

The lightening is intensifying so I had better shut this computer down.

There's been a lot of hail with these storms and I am praying that none of that hits us here.

I want the rain though.

Whoa!!

That was a good one.

Gotta go.

later...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ ... hoping you are WELL and SAFE!

Let us know how things went!

April 24, 2006 6:50 PM  
Blogger AB5SY said...

Be safe, and I offered a prayer for you.

April 24, 2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

We're *good* here Moof!

Thanks for the prayer Wm H.

The storm started to weaken just before it got here.

We got some MUCH NEEDED rain. A little bit heavy, but not bad.

No hail.

There are other parts of town that are without power right now, but we are great.

Thanks guys!!

later...

April 24, 2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

WELL ...glad I didn't know you were THAT close to El Reno before now! I've been worrying about my Oklahoma blog friends enough as it is!!!

ACK! If I'd know you were close enough to hear the sirens, I'd have been on my computer storms or no to check on you!

Our sirens went off like crazy too. Why ...don't know ...cause Oklahoma turns on sirens when tornadoes go anywhere in the state?

Heard them 4 times today.

Hail ...oh my oh my!!! Story about BJ watching hail in comment section on my blog. Oops.

We had some baseball size hail up here ..nasty damage ... right here we just had I said large pea size, hubby says dime/nickle size, sounds more like it.

April 24, 2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Read your account of your young 'hail viewer'.

*laugh*

It's funny now since he didn't get seriously hurt.

later...

April 25, 2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home