< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Chance Encounter...

I think that it rained all night last night.


A nice soaking rain.


A cold front has moved through the region and the weather today was cloudy and "cold".



Some would argue with whether the temperatures were cold or not, but it feels cold to me and there are a few others who would agree.

I had some light bulbs burn out here at the house and I didn't have any replacements.

You know, one light bulb burns out and then it seems they all start to go.

Does anyone else have the same problems?


So, I stopped by Home Depot on my way to work to get some more light bulbs.

Well actually, Home Depot isn't really "on my way" to work.



Of course, while I was there for the light bulbs I had to do some "wish shopping".

And I absolutely couldn't leave the store without going through their lawn and garden center.

I was looking at the impatiens, and thinking that I needed to get me some more.

I love impatiens.



Guess who else was looking at the impatiens?

Foxy and Little Bit!

They are patients of ours at work and their "Mom", Jean, was there at Home Depot too!

The 'girls' were happy to see me.

Foxy and Little Bit get to go everywhere. Foxy is the Pomeranian and Little Bit is the Yorkshire Terrier.

Jean and I talked about the girls and gardening stuff. She also shared a few tips with me about caladiums.

It was a really nice visit and the "girls" were very happy to pose for me.




We said our "good-byes" and then I went on to work.



And now the day has ended.



later...

7 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

They are little cuties!
They look like babies.
I hear you on the lightbulb thing. I have the same problem with batteries (in clocks, toys, what have you) They all need to be replaced...at the same time!

May 07, 2006 4:40 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Buying batteries can get really expensive.

I have also found that "boys" need to the most batteries too.

later...

May 07, 2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

We paid a visit to our garden centre this week too, and filled up our pots with summer bedding plants, bizzie lizzies, geraniums etc. They really brighten the garden up! It almost feels like summer is on its way ..

May 07, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

What's a "bizzie lizzie"?

Sounds like something I need!

May 07, 2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh, TJ, this made me laugh - Bizzie Lizzie is what we Brits call Impatiens - sorry, I guess I just thought they were universally known as Bizzie Lizzies.

May 07, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

I was right!

I do need them!

What an interesting name, Bizzie Lizzie. Kind of has a nice ring to it.

later...

May 07, 2006 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes ... I have the same problem. When one lightbulb goes ... so does another, and another, and then the fuses start ... and then ...

... well, you get the idea! ;o)

May 12, 2006 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home