< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Flags For Memorial Day...

I had a busy day at work today. I did several ultrasounds and other stuff.

Today was my Dad's birthday. He turned 70 years old.

Happy Birthday Dad!


When I got home this evening there was a surprise by my back step.

Someone has left me some irises.

The 'old-timers' call them flags.


There wasn't a note attached...

And nobody came by this evening to lay claim to the deed.

No phone calls were received...

And no messages were left.

The blooms are gone so I have no idea what color they are. I don't know what variety they are either.

But the tubers are really, really big.

I don't know how long they were there, out of the ground, on the hot cement in over 90 degree weather. So I gathered them up and put them in a bucket of water and contemplated about where I would/could put them.

I got to thinking about the how's and why's of this unexpected gift on my doorstep.

hmmm...

It's possible that one of my neighbors was thinning out their patch of irises and couldn't bear to throw them away.

Or maybe they were wanting to rearrange their flower beds and these few were kind of like car parts...

You know, extras.


But then I got to thinking...

Maybe this is a hint about my own landscaping.

Do they think that my flowerbeds need some help?

What if they don't like the flowers that I already have?


I've got to stop thinking now and go to bed.


I'm starting to feel a little self-conscious.


later...

6 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

Perhaps you have a secret admirer, TJ...hmm....

May 30, 2006 5:29 AM  
Blogger jakalof said...

Thats funny. If you were me, then your paranoi my not be too far off. Last year while I was remodeling the front of my house I was getting anonymous letters from someone in the neighborhood telling me to cut my weeds. I put a big sign up saying that my front yard was a "weed garden" and "private property." The letters stopped coming.

Maybe the flowers were from a secret admirer!

May 30, 2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Testing ... word verification wouldn't let me post earlier this morning.

My comment was that I think you should look at it as an anonymous gift. You deserve it. Take the positive twist!

May 30, 2006 6:41 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Pattie and Jak...

That's funny that both of you would think that there could be a 'secret admirer'.

Jak, my neighbors are usually a little more straightforward. One summer I was working lots of overtime, etc., and never got around to edging my yard when I mowed. I had a neighbor volunteer to edge my yard for me. If you get more letters, maybe you could put up a sign asking for "volunteers"!

Hey Peggikaye... I wasn't able to post a comment on your blog last night. It came up with an error of some sort. Strange coincidence. What I was wanting to say was for you to tell Wanda "hey" for me and to get well soon.

later...

May 30, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

LOL. Too much thinking is not good for you! Let us know if you find out where they came from...

May 30, 2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I think that I have a fairly good idea Sue, but still...

No one has come forward!

later...

May 30, 2006 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home