< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Going to Bed...


I have been working on my "40% of my grade" project.

I have over half of it completed.

Now I have to type up a few pages about it and then I am finished with it.

But I might *rest* a day or two on this one and work on my other class' assignment.

Plus... I have a few chapters that must be read.


I'm sorry that I didn't get over to visit everyone's blog today. I promise I will catch up!


I forgot to tell you guys about my Sunday afternoon visitors.

I had stepped outside to take a break from my schoolwork and was quite surprised by what I saw in my front yard.


I had a pair of ducks stop by to rest for a while.

That's what they were doing. Resting.


I like to rest in my yard too.


Anyway, the hen was very wary and she didn't take too kindly to having her photo taken. They wouldn't let me get very close at all.


I kept creeping up as best I could but I took one step too many and off they flew.


Yes... they flew away.


I presume that's how they got to my yard. They just flew in I suppose.


There aren't any bodies of water that close to my house.

I would like to rest in my yard more often.


later...

5 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

That cute little couple is just heartwarming...what a pair!
Once your projects are done, that is exactly what you should do....rest in your yard.

May 25, 2006 4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a good job on those photos!

And yes, I do believe you're right - they must have flown in!

Can you imagine them pulling up in a taxi? ;o)

May 25, 2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

koh fun! I love ducks! We have some ducks that come to rest in the people's yard across the street every year.

I hope you get plenty of rest as you get through this last push of tests/projects/paper etc.

Did someone turn summer on down there? They sure did up here!

May 25, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I sure will be glad when my projects *are* done Pattie.

MOOOF! Ducks don't have very deep pockets so I think that they would be poor tippers also. =8+D

In my mind I was thinking of them 'walking' to my yard from a pond or something, since wild ducks don't usually fly in to visit in local urban neighborhoods.

Hey Peggikaye... I've started a new 'summer' semester. So these are all new assignments, tests, etc.

And YES... summer is here! It's more like the Fourth of July instead of Memorial Day! We almost hit 100 degrees the other day.

later...

May 25, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Moof's taxi comment made me laugh out loud...as well as the fact you pointed out, TJ, they have no pockets! Reminds me of an old Seinfeld joke about why dogs don't go through drivethru's...no money and no pockets...very funny!

May 25, 2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home