< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, May 22, 2006

News Channel 9 Investigative Report... Tonight.


As I told you last Friday, Oklahoma City’s News Channel 9 will be airing an investigative report at 10p.m. (tonight).

The Danger That Could Be Living Near Your Child’s School is the name of the report. If they post the story on their website, I will provide a link to it.

There are many ways that you can learn the whereabouts of registered sex offenders. I have provided links in my sidebar for your convenience and assistance.

Please use these online tools for you and your children’s safety.

Here are the individuals from the latest sexual predator alerts that I have received in my inbox:


Jeffery Ellis Barnett aka Tim Reid and John Stark

William David Barrett

Deshawn Michael Henderson

Bruce Shannon Michels

Turquwan Donnell Nichols

Paul Holmes Oleary

David Michael White



This is my article that I wrote in April about a sex offender that lives just yards away from the Bethany Public Schools:

Sex Offenders: Your Neighbors and School Volunteers


later...

5 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

That article was very disturbing. My son's school just sent a notice home that if parents want to continue to volunteer in the schools, we must submit to a background check and fingerprinting at our local police station. Sounds good to me.

May 23, 2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

It's a shame these sex offenders can't be branded right across their forehead naming them as such, and then they wouldn't look just like the "guy next door".

May 23, 2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

It does sound good Pattie, but it is a terrible shame that our society has come to this.

I agree Sue. That's why I posted this guy's picture because he does look like the "guy next door". The bad thing about it is... he almost is next door.

He moved in not very far from my house here.

later...

May 23, 2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

It is great to have the photos for kids to look at as well. Children are so black and white that I think they believe that all 'bad' people are ugly or mean looking. This guy looks like 1/2 of the people I see in my town!!

Great post ty

May 23, 2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks for stopping by Kate!

The photos are good and I use them. When we had an offender move around the corner from our house I printed out the guy's picture and posted it on the refridgerator for a few weeks.


Like you say...

Kids are black and white and they generally don't see anything bad in people...especially if they look *normal* and *friendly*.

later...

May 23, 2006 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home