< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Today's Blessings...


My birthday is so close to Mother's Day that my gifts often coincide.

I am my parent's first born child who entered this world on Mother's Day.


Dad tells a story about my Mom's first Mother's Day. Dad told Mom that he wasn't going to buy her a gift for the special day because she wasn't a mother yet.

Voila

I was born and at the last minute (so he says) he had to buy her a gift.


I had one of my pine trees die recently. It was a rather large and tall tree.

Roy and Sherry gave me a surprise birthday present and cut the tree down for me.
They even hauled it off and raked up the mess. They did all of this in a matter of hours while I was gone on Saturday!

Sherry put the bow on the stump as an added feminine touch.


THANK YOU SO MUCH!


Roy and Sherry also took Carrie and Parker shopping.

For my birthday, Carrie and Parker gave me a BRAND NEW battery charger with batteries!

What a wonderful surprise!


And for Mother's Day, they gave me a beautiful miniature rose bush.

I have already planted it in my flowerbed.


We had dinner at Sherry's parent's house in Goldsby. Roy cooked and served us all. AND... he cleaned the kitchen.


Then Sherry's dad sent me home with fresh onions out of the garden.

*yum*




Today was a very blessed day.

later...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

It sounds like you had a GREAT Mother's Day!
I love the fact that you got your battery charger *LOL*
Oh, and the bow on the stump is just too darling for words.
Happy Gardening :)

May 15, 2006 4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home