< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Campaign Trail...



Cliff Branan's wife was driving her husband around the neighborhoods today.

I happened to be in my front yard and they stopped for a second. Cliff got out and shook my hand and told me if I ever needed anything to give him a call.

Wrong thing to say to someone like me; I'll take him up on the offer.

While I had Cliff in my front yard I took advantage of the situation...

I told him that there was something that he could do for me right now.


The traffic on my street has been increasing exponentially every year.

I really don't know why either.

But I'm tired of it.

The last straw was when I saw an 18-wheeler drive by my front yard.

What the heck?!

This is a neighborhood, not a freeway!


I have already written the city about it. We'll see if Cliff gives them a holler for me too.


My suggestion to the city was for them to slap a few extra stop signs on the street to help make it 'not so attractive' of a street for travel.

Cliff is hitting the campaign trail a little early I guess. He is wanting to get re-elected to the District 40 Oklahoma senate seat.

His campaign website isn't even up yet, but you can read about him on the state website.

I hope you will learn about your candidates and go to the polls and vote this year.

It's really important.

later...

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hi TJ

"Cliff got out and shook my hand and told me if I ever needed anything to give him a call.

Wrong thing to say to someone like me; I'll take him up on the offer."

Ha Ha, If only he knew what he had let himself in for when he uttered those words!

I also think it is very important to vote, that's the only way to get changes made.

Sue

June 18, 2006 1:51 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

He better get used to it! :)
I hope you get some street signs. Stop signs certainly help with traffic control. Good Luck. If he comes through for you, will you vote for him?

June 18, 2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger shade said...

Good for you, lets see what he does hmm:)

June 18, 2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

We'll see if anything comes of it or not.

It might be hard to tell if he did something for me or my letter.

It was a pretty strong letter.

*laugh*


I am behind on researching the candidates right now, but he has been very active in protecting children according to his legislative voting record.

So...

We'll see.

later...

June 18, 2006 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home