< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Just Thinkin'...

My neighbor is painting his house on the week-ends.

The first week-end he got the old paint scraped.

This past week-end he got the front and the side where the garage is painted.


He is a very industrious neighbor and has been doing some expensive home improvement stuff these last two summers.


What I was wondering is why he chose the color that he did?

Then I think, maybe his wife picked it.

If she did... Then why did she pick that color?


They are covering white paint and I think that's great. I like color, but...



It isn't an atrocious color like orange, pink, or something really weird. It's just a strange color of tan.

Kind of yellowish/goldish?

Which I guess doesn't make it tan at all...

I don't know what color you would call it.

?goldenrod?

It's not quite a 70's 'harvest gold' because it is lighter than that.

But it isn't that yellow either.


Either way... I'm just thinking.

When people decide that they want to change or rearrange my landscape and environment...

Why don't they ask me for my opinion first?

Before they go and do something that I'm going to have to look at for the next 5+ years or so.

later...

5 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

Why didn't they ask you first? :)
I once lived next to someone with a light purple house with dark purple trim. It looked just like an Easter egg. I wondered what they were thinking when they chose that color.....

June 06, 2006 5:01 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Never really thought about it from your perspective - the outsider looking on. Really, when you think about it, as you have done, it does make more sense to ask the neighbours! Poor you, I suppose it could have been worse ....

Sue

June 06, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Oh my Pattie. An Easter egg house. Maybe I should count my blessings.

Hey Sue... I wonder if there's such a thing as a Neighborhood Decorating and Beautification Association?

A group that could get together and help everyone design their landscaping and their home exteriors.

hmmm...

Now that I think about it. It could be fun.

later...

June 06, 2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

That sounds like it could be quite good fun! Perhaps you could start one up - starting with your neighbours...?

June 07, 2006 12:39 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Maybe I should Sue.

hmmm...

later...

June 07, 2006 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home