< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Observations...

Source: Newsok.com





ABC News wants to know if global warming is affecting your life.

Send Us Your Stories and Video...Extend the Reach of ABC News' Reporting by Sharing Your Observations

Have you noticed changes in your own backyard or hometown? The differences can be large or small — altered blooming schedules, changes in plants or animals in your community, erosion or droughts.



I think I might gather some of my own observations and send them in.

Since we are in a period of drought here in Oklahoma, I could send pictures of my dead patches of grass as proof.

Maybe we won't go into another wet rainy period for a while. It would ruin my opportunity at stardom and fame.

If only we were living in the dustbowl days...

Now those would be some great photos to submit.

later...

4 Comments:

Blogger shade said...

I feel sorry for them when you get done... well.... almost LOL
Go get'em!!!

June 28, 2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ. . . I lost a lot of augustine grass in the winter. . . I have been in my house for 20 years, and never had to water in the winter. I did not realize how dry it was, and I am now watering like crazy to get the grass to cover the dead spots.
Ciao

June 28, 2006 11:17 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

It's amazing we don't have more photo's like that ..considering we've had less rain than in the dustbowl days! It's only because of technology we haven't had another dustbowl.

Driving up from OKC we were horrified by the damage of the fires from last winter. What should be the height of green country looked like fall ...
and a drought certainly isn't helping.

By the way ... We should be doing a Wall raising in August .. the house dedication??? that depends on how long it takes to build. I'm still hoping to meet you at one of them ;)

June 29, 2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Wolfbaby...

I'm as mild as a lamb.


Sicilian, my folks live in Burnet County (not that far from you) and Mom always waters the St. Augustine in the winter time. Not as frequently as in the summer, but she waters all the same. I was also wondering...

You live just far enough north that maybe your grass was damaged by a freeze last winter? Just a thought. I hope you get those spots covered again.

Hey Peggikaye...

Let me know some dates and I'll see what I can do. I would like to be there too.

later...

June 29, 2006 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home