< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Oklahoma Senator Sees Cars $$ for Oklahoma...

Oklahoma Senator Harry Coates believes that the Disney Pixar film Cars is ...a windfall for all of Oklahoma....

With the new animated movie based on the Historic Route 66 that cuts through the state of Oklahoma, a rise in tourism to the state is expected.

The blue Porsche's character in the Cars movie is derived from the Route 66 Rock Cafe's owner, Dawn Welch.

The little Cafe has quite a history. And with the Rock Cafe in Stroud, Oklahoma, being recognized as a national historic landmark, it won't be hard for tourists to find the little cafe.

In fact, business has already increased.

Welch said that business in her café is up by about 40 percent because of the movie. Coates says the state needs to take advantage of all interest the movie is generating in Route 66.

It is evident that Dawn Welch has worked hard to get where she is at today. I think it's great that she is reaping the rewards of her hard labor.

It's positive stories like this that makes you feel good. It makes you happy to see someone achieve their goals and dreams.

Stories like this also cause you to think about, and remember, the good things that are in Oklahoma.

later...



The Rock Cafe
114 W. Main Street
Stroud, OK 74079
918 968-3990

Hours of Operation

Sun.- Thurs.
6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Fri. & Sat.
6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Aww, that's a great story! I would love to visit Oklahoma - (Doris Day and Howard Keel always spring to mind every time I read Oklahoma!) Good for Dawn Welch - it's great to see the "ordinary" people benefitting from these movies rather than just the showbiz folk.

June 21, 2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I would love to visit England Sue!!

I'm like you. I like to see a little "transfer of the wealth" to the little guys too.

later...

June 21, 2006 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps someday I'll get to visit Oklahoma. If I do ... I expect to get to meet all of my Oklahoma friends ... :o)

June 21, 2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Moof...

I'll be lookin' for ya!

later...

June 21, 2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Just a quick hello .. I'm at church camp TJ. I checked my blog for a few minutes and saw you were checking on me so I thought I'd let you know.

I'm actually at Mid America Christian University in Oklahoma City ...or Moore or something like that ...

We're having a blast now that some rather serious issues are done being dealt with (smoking, suicidal ideation, cutting ... etc etc etc ... ACK! I'm just a mommy! Not a youth pastor!!)

I'm also acting as the camp medic ...which has been quite ...um ... humorous!!!

'See' ya when I get back!

June 22, 2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey! You're in the City?

I would like to see some of your 'medicking' work.

I'm sure it is quite interesting.

Glad you are having fun and that you're okay.

later...

June 22, 2006 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home