< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

So Tired... My Mind is Wandering...

I finished two papers today, mowed the lawn, and did an ultrasound at work today.

Thank goodness for friends like Connie and Lynn, or my lawn wouldn't have gotten mown this week OR last week.

Last week-end my mower up and quit "mowing".


I think that it is a clogged fuel line or a carburator problem, but I just don't have the time or inclination right now to fix it myself.

So I took it to the repair shop last week.

Connie and Lynn are lending me an extra lawnmower that they have.

What a blessing!


*Thanks guys*!


I got to thinking a little bit this evening about people who are stuck-up.

You know, *snobs*.

I got to wondering how people get to be that way?

And I really want to know what's going through their minds.


Are they stuck-up and snobbish because they think they are better than you?

Or do they feel that they can only have conversations with people who meet specific standards of theirs.


Do they ever see the 'common' people that are standing around them?

Or are they just so critical of others that they can't stand to look?


Do they even know that they are considered a snob?


That would be about right.

A snob would be so stuck-up that they wouldn't realize that they were a snob.


Where's the justice?

later...

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hi TJ, Unfortunately there are plenty of Snobs in England and I think they are quite well aware of it and very proud to be one - I know of one or two who have no interest in the likes of me but I consider it their loss and my gain as these types of people are empty and false. Tirade over!

June 26, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Hi TJ,
I am so glad that you have friends like Connie and Lynn. It helps make life easier, doesn't it?

I am impressed that if you had the time, you would fix your own lawnmower? Wow! My husband would be so impressed, too.

Regarding snobs...I have always thought that people like that are generally insecure. I don't know. I have a friend that others find snobby. I can see why they think that, but in reality it is because she builds walls around herself so that she will not be hurt. I do believe there probably are some people who may think they are better than others...I just feel bad for them. They are missing out.

June 26, 2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

I could see things being that way over there in England. Would I be right in saying that it is partly due to a form of residual class system? You know... royalty, fiefs, and all that?

Pattie, I used to give snobs the benefit of a doubt because some people are so shy, etc., that they may appear to be that way.

But then, it seems that I have run into a couple of folks that are just plain snobs, who have no apparent valid excuse for their behavior.

And on top of it all, they're just plain rude.

*hmmpff*

later...

June 26, 2006 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ ... I sincerely hope that you get some REST!!! *poke!*

About snobs, what I've found is that most of the people I've ever known who were snobby were trying to hide some pretty serious insecurity ... usually the sort of stuff that could stand a bit of professional counseling.

Those that weren't were usually so shallow that they had no idea that their lack of depth made them seem like snobs. At any rate ... whenever I run across someone who seems to be a snob, I know that they usually have a lot of need for prayers from those of you who are praying types, because they're almost invariably very broken people.

June 26, 2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Ahhh Moof...

*whine*

Did you have to lay the guilt on so thick?

later...

June 26, 2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger shade said...

LOL she's good at that aint she... she makes you think and it hurts .. well atleast me anyways.... LOL

In snobs I have found that usually they are snobby to you because of themselves.. they find all the things in you that they hate about themselves and pick at it because they can't pick at themselvs that would be admitting that there not perfect... Kinda what moof said but kinda not:)

It's cool that you have friends like that to help in a time like this..you and my hubby would get along great.. he loves to fix things no shops for us he's got to fix it . . . . no matter how long it takes . . . *grin*

June 27, 2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

no matter how long it takes . . . *grin*

Alas...

I don't have the luxury of time that your husband has.

Though I wish I did!!

later...

June 27, 2006 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home