< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Stop and Smell the Roses...


I need to learn how to do this more.

You know.

Stop and smell the roses.

I had opportunity to visit the Melton Art Library in Oklahoma City. It is hidden away, in a warehouse type of building, off the beaten path.

The Melton Art Library is located at 4300 N. Sewell in Oklahoma City. Their telephone number is (405) 525-3603.

Within its walls are untold riches. There isn't much about the Melton Art Library on the internet. At least not much more than an address and a telephone number. I suppose professional art enthusiasts know all about it because of the research that is done there.

I was taken aback by the works that were there. They aren't in fancy little displays and a lot of the art is stored.

I have never heard anything about the Melton Art Library and there isn't anything to be read about this amazing library either.

So, I thought I would post about it.

Here on my little blog.



The Melton Art Library is a hidden treasure in Oklahoma City that caught me quite by surprise. Consisting of an eclectic collection of art, it is apparent that a true lover of artists, and their works, resides within the unassuming building. There seems to be no tangible boundaries in the intriguing assemblage, framed or not, famous or infamous, that I discovered in the museum.

It was evident that each piece held a special place in the heart of the curator; and it was amazing at how many of the artists held a similar position in her heart also. Much like that of a doting grandmother, each artist and their work were given special merit and praise.

The Melton Art Library was an inspirational visit for me. It gave me a different view of a world that I have never been exposed to, or even understood. I found myself in a state of awe while I gazed at pieces that were hundreds of years old, their creators’ hands long idle. I also saw something else in this museum that is rare indeed. I caught a glimpse of passion.



later...

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I am so envious of those who can paint and draw - I love doing art, alas I don't have much talent but who cares. I had recently taken up water colour painting but haven't done much lately, I really want to get out the paintbrushes now.

June 19, 2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

I always zoom through OKC. . . sounds like I need to stop and smell the roses too. I need a day to do that visit. . . . but when.
Ciao

June 19, 2006 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you TJ! That was a great reminder. Sometimes we forget to make room for that sort of thing, and we're really all the poorer for it ...

June 20, 2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I wish I could paint and draw too Sue!

Hey Sicilian...

Next time you are "zooming", give me a holler. Maybe we could meet up and eat dinner somewhere.

Hey Moof!

I didn't know how "poor" I really was. I need to start en"riching" my life some.

later...

June 20, 2006 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home