< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Yeah. It's Irritating...

Blogger is all screwed up again.

People can't post comments.

People can't get on my blog.

I can't see my blog either...

It's all screwed up and it only has my header and 1 1/2 of my latest posts showing.

Not only that, there's not a sidebar either.


*sigh*


You know, I learn something new every day.

Take for example the word kludge:


kludge\KLOOJ\ noun: a system and especially a computer system made up of poorly matched components


Example sentence:
"The original satellite contrivance was the asynchronous satellite downlink with a phone connection uplink. This was doomed to fail because it was a kludge." (John C. Dvorak, Boardwatch Magazine, February 2002)



And all this time I thought that's what Blogger meant.


later...


Did you know?
The first recorded use of the word "kludge" is attributed to Jackson W. Granholm, who defined the word in a 1962 issue of the magazine Datamation as: "an ill-assorted collection of poorly-matching parts, forming a distressing whole." He further explained that it was derived from the German word "klug," meaning "smart" or "witty." Why Granholm included a "d" in his spelling is not known. What we do know is that speakers of American English have agreed to keep it silent, making the vowel pronunciation of "kludge" reflect the pronunciation of German "klug" (\KLOOK\). We can also tell you that not everyone agrees with Granholm on the "d" matter: the spelling "kluge" is also popularly used.

*Indicates the sense illustrated in the example sentence.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hey, I've managed to comment - well I think I have, we'll wait and see if it publishes!

It's very frustrating and I hope they get it sorted out soon.

June 13, 2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Sue!

Your comment posted!

These last two weeks have been terrible over here with Blogger.

Ridiculous in fact.

Have you been having difficulties on your side of the pond with Blogger?

later...

June 13, 2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi TJ: Most definitely!

June 14, 2006 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home