< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Blogging Anniversary...

Thanks to all for the inquiries and well wishes concerning my health. I am feeling much better than earlier in the week; however, I have a nasty sounding cough and large amounts of mucous still coming from my nasal passages. At least I am not running a fever, something which makes everyone feel very poorly.

A Special Thanks goes to "My Neighbor Sue", who fixed dinner for me the other night and brought it over from across the street.

*God Bless You, Sue!*


I am truly blessed.


After a week of being either at work or in bed...


Last evening I was prepared to get caught up on my blogging friends' posts and make my 411th post of the last 365 days.

However...

A veterinarian from a practice in a neighboring city called requesting an emergency ultrasound last night. So I went back to work and got home at about 2am this morning.

I was tired... midnight had passed...

So I went to bed.


The desire to celebrate had been drained from me.


Yesterday was the First Year Anniversary of my very first blogging post, Intestinal Foreign Bodies...


While exploring the blogging community I have made some awesome friends and learned a lot of things.

There's quite a bit to know about internet self-publishing, and I have found that I run short on time on trying to learn the tricks of the trade.

A few things I would like to know, if anyone is so inclined to share, is how do you get colored text into your posts and how do you make those lines through your words? Or how about those colored boxes with text inside of them?


Is there a free online school for this stuff?

How do you figure it all out?


I have finally mastered italics and bold, but I'm afraid that's the main extent of my HTML prowess.

Well...

I did discover blockquotes recently.



It was a while before I discovered that you could "see" who was stopping by your blog as well as "how they were getting there".

Intrigued by my *Sitemeter*, I believe that I spend more time looking at it than I do my own blog.

~laugh~

While it was some time before I got the site counter 'installed', I still feel that I would probably be short of 10,000 visits for my first year of blogging even it had been on my blog from "Day One".


As of midnight last night, I have had 9,336 visits.


Believe me guys when I say from the heart,

Thank you so much for your patronage and friendship!



So far, blogging has been a great hobby for me...

And it's cheaper than buying gas.


And no...

I'm not addicted.


later...

17 Comments:

Blogger Oakman said...

Congrats!

Adding font color, along with style and size, is a little like adding boldness and italic. Here's a start. (Outside brackets missing in hopes of allowing it to print without actually doing anything.)
Replace (lt) with a less than bracket "<"
Replace (gt) with a greater than bracket ">"

(lt)FONT COLOR="#008000"(gt)Green text goes here.(lt)/FONT(gt)

(lt)FONT COLOR="#0000FF"(gt)Blue text here.(lt)/FONT(gt)

Find other colors on an HTML color chart.

Stike through a word with

(lt)STRIKE(gt)Word(lt)/STRIKE(gt)

I hope you can make it to the Okie Blogger Round-up. We are planning basic and advanced workshops for bloggers.

July 29, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

So glad to have met you in the blog world!!

Glad you're feeling better. Hope you continue to heal quickly. Stay cool!

As far as color goes, if you go to I power blog go to your dashboard, then new post ... rather than blog this ... you can access the color pallette to post colors ...mess with the 'compose button' until it gives you the color option.
Faster than doing your own html code. but, you're limited to their colors.

July 29, 2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Mike...

THANKS!

I would love to go to the Round-Up. I certainly could use some classes.

Of course, attendance is totally dependent on my work and school schedules!


Hey Peggikaye...

Glad to have met you too!

later...

July 29, 2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi TJ

I'm so glad to have met you! Thank you for your kind comments on my profile pic. There is so much more I would like to know how to do as well - really could do with attending a workshop!

Sue

July 30, 2006 3:20 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

I'm glad to have met you as well!

Maybe you could come to the Okie Blogger Round-Up and attend the class they're going to have!

That would be cool!

later...

July 30, 2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Where IS the Okie (gulp) round up going to be?

July 30, 2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

It would be neat if you could go!

Go to Okiedoke's Round-Up page:

http://okiedoke.com/ok/

I also have a link in my sidebar with the Round-Up logo.

I know, it's small. But I couldn't seem to figure out the largest size that would fit in my sidebar without it making everything slide down to the bottom of my page.

The exact location will be at the Bricktown Central Plaza Hotel, located just east of downtown Bricktown at Reno and Eastern.

http://www.eztrip.com/Oklahoma/OK/Oklahoma-City/Bricktown-Central-Plaza-Hotel/217360.html

The date is Saturday, September 23, 2006.


Hey Wendy...

Thanks!

BTW... You could come to the Okie Round-Up too Wendy! You don't have to be an Okie Blogger to attend.

later...

July 30, 2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

I will look ... and maybe Wanda might look into it ...but ... if all goes as planned ... I will be building a house that day :D

July 30, 2006 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm thats it Im getting HTML for dummies... i know they have one just gotta go to the book store to get it:)...

So very glad you are feelin better T.J...

Very glad to have met you through the blogging world;)

have a good day!!

July 30, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Okay.

You can miss the Round-Up, Peggikaye, for your house raising!!


Hey Wolfbaby...

Really glad to have met you too!

later...

July 30, 2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I hope you're feeling all the way better very soon!

Congrats on your first year anniversary!

One of those friends you've made,
Jan

July 30, 2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Jan...

Thanks!

July 30, 2006 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gratz on one year blogging!

I was gonna say that about the blog classes at the roundup but Mike beat me to it! Darn you, Mike, darn you to heck and back!!! hahaha..

Umm... anyways.. yeah.. gratz and here's to many more fantabulous blogaversaries in the future.

July 31, 2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger Dr. A said...

Sorry I'm late. Congrats! One year, quite a feat! I'm just hoping to make it two months. Oh yes, I'm not addicted either!

July 31, 2006 7:52 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Shelly...

Thanks! Mike does have a quick keyboard, doesn't he?


Hey Dr. A...

No one is ever late here. Thanks.

later...

July 31, 2006 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ says:

"And no...

I'm not addicted."

That's what they all say! :o)

By the way, I was going to give you a crash course in HTML, but Okiedoke's advice is perfect!

August 01, 2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

You should go see his blog Moof. It's really nice!

later...

August 01, 2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home