< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Need a Vacation...

It is extremely hot and muggy.

After our drenching rain last night, we got pretty close to 100 degrees today.

We're expecting to hit the century mark sometime this week.


With the uncomfortable temperatures folks' tempers start to flare up.


Things got a little heated next door late this evening.


I didn't actually see what was going on but I sure could hear it.

Since I am partially deaf, you can imagine the racket that was going on.

It sounded like the female was getting pounded into a car.


Oklahoma's domestic abuse statistics are not very pretty...

With violence occurring in 1 out of every 6 intimate partner relationships.


What's staggering are the high school statistics concerning violence between boyfriends and girlfriends.

"...The rate of dating violence for Oklahoma ninth graders is more than three times the national average, at a rate of 26 percent for Oklahoma freshman, compared to 8 percent nationwide."



Dang.

They're starting young these days.


Yes...

I called the police.

I just couldn't stand hearing her scream "NO! NO! NO!".


later...

7 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

I'm so sorry TJ. I'm glad they have a neighbor not willing to turn away though.

The heat here is unbearable.

*hugs*

July 12, 2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

I feel like a steamed vegetable.

later...

July 12, 2006 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's lucky she has you!!!

though she may not thank you we will

maybe it's cause of all the violent weather ya'll get with all them twisters and such...

i know when twister season hits here it gets ugly with peoples tempers and such

and the heat.. such a shame...

July 12, 2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

How can you bear that heat - I would just fry!!

Seems to be your week for helping others ....

Why some folk put up with domestic violence is beyond me, then again, I am lucky enough not to have suffered it.

July 12, 2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Wolfbaby...

I hadn't thought about a 'violent weather' connection. hmmm...

Hey Sue...

I don't mind heat so much really, but when it is this humid it can get really miserable.

You can feel the moisture evaporating from the ground.

Like steam.

later...

July 12, 2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Oh my....I hate hearing about domestic fights. I remember my first apartment. I was 22, and the people across the hall would fight constantly. One night, I heard the same thing "NO, No, No"...followed by smacking sounds and screams. You bet I called the police. But, for what good it did...they were together the next day like nothing had happened. It saddened my heart.
100 degrees? Oh my...I am melting just thinking about that! :0 Stay cool....

July 12, 2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Pattie...

Domestic difficulties are probably the worst confrontations there are.

I can't stand them.

later...

July 13, 2006 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home