< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Postcards from Hawai'i



I just took my last walk on the beach before calling it a day. I love looking at the stars and listening to the ocean.

You have never seen so many stars in your life.



Parker is always looking for the biggest waves.

He has actually walked a half of a mile down the beach to find the perfect spot.



Carrie was trying to get away from this wave, but she didn't make it. She was overcome from behind.

Both of the kids are having a wonderful time.

I'm enjoying watching them.




There are flowers everywhere. The colors are very bold and bright. There are so many plants here that you see in your local nursery.

But what you see in the nursery are 'tiny' specimens compared to what is here in the wild.

Some of these "meek and mild nursery plants" are absolutely enormous here on the island!

Most of these plants are growing like weeds out of every nook and cranny.

And what's even more amazing is that it seems like everything is in continuous bloom.



Well, I had best get going.

You guys have a great Monday and I'll catch you back here...

later...

8 Comments:

Blogger Sicilian said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh. . . . love the plant pictures. . . . the kids are cute . . . . . the waves are great. . . . but the plants. . . outstanding.
Ciao

July 17, 2006 3:58 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

How fun!

I love that birds of paradise flower! We had them in Southern California when I was very litte. Don't think I've seen one up close and personal since we moved when I was 6.

Have fun and be safe!

July 17, 2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

The pictures are just gorgeous. Looks like you are all having a wonderful time! Did you go in the water too? It looks so blue and inviting!

July 17, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sicilian...

You're like me. I love to garden. The plants here are gi-normous! On a short little hike I ran across a Christmas Cactus that was growing out of the nook of a tree. I promise you, this plant had 15 foot long tendrils climbing all over this tree! It looked like some sort of sci-fi monster!


Hey Peggikaye...

I found a vase and made a flower arrangement in it with flowers from one of my walks. Two of which are Bird of Paradise!


Hey Pattie...

Yes, I went in the water some. The water is so strong. The waves we are experiencing are 'short' (4 to 6 feet) and they hit you hard! Then when they go back into the ocean, it pulls you back with it.

We will be finding a quiet spot to go snorkeling here very soon!

later...

July 17, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Dr. A said...

Great pics. And, you're still blogging? That definitely means your addicted. Glad everyone is having fun out there.

July 17, 2006 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH

Thank you so very much for the pics

more please:) im a greedy gluton i will admite.... the plant are beatiful i love the striking colors..

im a certified scuba diver... someday im going to dive in the ocean it's a goal of mine;)... enjoy the snorkeling i here the water there is so clear that it is an amazing experience!!!

July 17, 2006 10:05 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Drats! I can't get the plant pictures to post - just blank squares! I'll have to go along with your descriptions - they sound fabulous. You and the kids sound like you're having the most fantastic time.

Sue

July 18, 2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Dr. A...

I'm not addicted, but I am dedicated to helping those who are.

For me to understand their addiction better I decided that I would have to bury myself into their culture.

;+ )


Hey Wolfbaby...

You're a diver?! You would absolutely LOVE IT HERE!


Hey Sue...

Blogger must be being finicky again.

Maybe you can come back see them...

later...

July 18, 2006 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home