< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Today's Mailbag...

I received a letter from Carrie today.

The kids are still at Nana and Pa's.

Sounds like they are having a great time swimming, driving four-wheelers, and fossil hunting.

She said she "missed me and loved me" and ended the letter with a *p.s.* that Parker did too.


So I called and spoke with the kids over the phone this evening.


We talked about some of their 'adventures'...


Carrie said she had to chase a heifer the other day.

I asked her where the four-wheeler was and she said that they didn't have it with them.

So she had to do things the 'old-fashioned' way, like I did when I was a kid.


Kids make great Border Collies...

But they're not as cheap to feed.


I miss the little 'boogers'...


later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

Isn't it great to be loved by our kids *grin*

They really don't have to call us old though. That really is unnecessary! ;)

July 04, 2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

It is a great feeling.

And no, they don't have to state the 'obvious' to our faces.

*smile*

later...

July 04, 2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Ah, that was nice of Carrie, she sounds very thoughtful. A little bit of distance does us all good sometimes - obviously they realise how much they miss and love you - it's true then "Distance makes the heart grow fonder".

Sheepdogs (Border Collies) are my favourite breed of dog - we don't own a dog but used to take our friend's sheepdog "Ruddles" out for walks. He was lovely.

July 04, 2006 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was nice of her;) How long are they away for?

I don't know if I could do it, be away from my kids that long... course Im a worry wort so if I don't see there fine everyday i worry worry worry LOL...

Once my oldest stayed the night with my sister.. I was on the phone just about every hour on the hour..

She got real tired of hearing from me *blush*..How do you do it?

July 04, 2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

Carrie is always the 'thoughtful one'. She was just born thataway.

Border Collies are great dogs, but they get bored fairly easily. They 'live' for a job!


Hey Wolfbaby...

They will be gone for a total of two weeks.

But they aren't babies anymore... Not like your cuties.

Carrie is 15 1/2 and Parker is almost 14 years old.

later...

July 04, 2006 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home