< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, July 09, 2006



We made the trip and we are back home safe and sound.

Even though my kids are getting quite a bit older, they still seem to have difficulties traveling for any distance in a car.

While it appears that they are easier to keep happy than a very small child strapped into a sweltering car seat, they still do require entertainment during a lengthy drive.



Parker is a typical male child in that he must conquer his world. As you can see, he is larger than life and can hold very large things between the tips of his fingers.

This gives him a sense of power over his universe.

And his older sister Carrie as well.

Here is Maria trying to duplicate Parker's technique with her camera. Maria is Carrie's best friend, and she got to go and stay at Nana and Pa's in Texas too.





The highway part of the trip was fairly uneventful. We did take some time off the highway to stop by Ft. Sill and to also go to the Ft. Sill National Cemetery.

It is a very nice military cemetery that was only established a few years ago.


So we're almost home and what do I see walking down the side of the road?

I see two very young girls dragging overnight bags behind them.

The youngest couldn't have been over three years old.

Oh dear.

It about makes me sick. I stop to talk to them. The older girl whispers in the little one's ear who then takes off running back in the direction they had come from.

The oldest girl states that she is nine years old and that she doesn't have a home.

I think to myself, "I know better than that".

I look her over and I get this very uneasy feeling. I fear that they are abused.

So I made a judgement call and I phoned the police.

I hope that things go well for them.

I most definitely will be keeping a watchful eye out for them.



Back to getting home...

I don't know about your kids, but mine just could't stand for the fun to end.

And they wanted to go see Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest, before calling it a (very) long day.


So we drove to Yukon to watch it at the 'dollar' theatre.

It's actually $3 now, but it really did use to be only $1.



While we are driving on Garth Brooks Boulevard, Parker spies a red fox in the high school parking lot.

What the heck?



We pull off the road and watch it cross the street.

Parker got out and was able to take several pictures of it.




This guy is just as lost as those little girls.


What a day...


I am finally home and can officially call it a day.


Thanks for all the well wishes for my trip. They are greatly appreciated.


Now it's back to work and...


Another special trip for us to go on at the end of the week.


later...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 10, 2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

TJ: Glad you and the kids made it all back in one piece - liked the photo trick shots!!

Very worrying about those little girls - good job you were passing and did something about it.

Sue

July 10, 2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

Parker had some pictures of my head too...

hmmm...

Hey Wendy...

Exactly.

later...

July 10, 2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I saw a red fox just like that in Minco (just north of El Reno) a couple of months ago. I didn't have my camera though!

July 10, 2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Kelly...

There didn't used to be this many around, but I guess they have had a population explosion.

Same with porcupines.

We're seeing a lot of dogs come in with porcupine quills all over their faces and in their mouths.

You used to never see a porcupine in Oklahoma!

later...

July 10, 2006 5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the trip went well!!1

how was the movie i want to see that one;)

Those poor children.. if you happen to hear what happens to them will you let us know?


It's just not right

July 10, 2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Sure Wolfbaby...

I'll let you know about the girls if I find out anything.


The movie?

Well... I didn't think it was as good as first one.

But everyone expects that from a sequel, right?

later...

July 10, 2006 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home