< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Few Items of Interest...

Some lightning and thunder came through late this afternoon. It showered here at the house...

But not much.


Lord...

We need some rain.


I can see lightning and can hear a bit of thunder right now.

I went outside to check it out, but above my head is clear sky.


Lord...

We need some rain.


My new hot water heater was installed today.

Hooray!


I got a letter in the mail from the university that I attend.

It was an invitation to apply for a special academic program.

We have reviewed our academic records and have identified you as one of a select group of OCU students who we believe is qualified to participate in the distinguished State Regents' Oklahoma Scholar-Leadership Enrichment Program (OSLEP) in the coming academic year.


I didn't know who, or what, OSLEP was so I checked them out. It seems that there are only 22 students accepted each year.

Wow.

I'm honored to have even been considered.

However, I'm a little short on the tuition.

$450

Plus, I would have to stay at the University of Oklahoma for one week for the special class. So it would cost me a ~little more~ than the $450. I would lose a week of pay too.

But it would probably be a lot of fun to stay in a college dorm again.

For a few days that is.

Maybe I would be more focused on my studies this time around.

*laugh*


I enjoyed reading my friend's blogs this evening in spite of Blogger.

Yeah, everyone's pages are loading like I'm on dial-up, or something akin to it.


Darrell, the Southern Conservative (South Con), has written an interesting post today.

Muslim Fun Day Cancelled??

I really enjoyed it.


The thunder sounds like it is getting closer.


A few raindrops are starting to fall.

Thank you Lord.


You guys have a great Friday and I'll catch you all back here...

later...

9 Comments:

Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ. . . . congrats on the program. . . to bad you can't play college student again. . . oh . . . we are on our 7th day of 101 temps. . . we got the humidity. . . the rain. . . well it must all be in OK. . . send some soon. . . we are hot and dry in central texas. . .
Ciao

August 03, 2006 11:47 PM  
Anonymous wolfbaby said...

wow congrats on that!!! it would be fun.. for a time i never got to stay in a dorm but i am going back to college
it works;)

August 03, 2006 11:47 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Thanks for the link, I'm glad you got a kick out of the post. :)

August 04, 2006 7:14 AM  
Blogger Pattie said...

Ah, TJ, to go back to college once again. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun! *wink*

You must feel pretty good to be chosen..how cool is that!

I am doing a rain dance for you right now...WARNING: it is not pretty!

August 04, 2006 7:43 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Congratulations!!

The rain .. is playing games with our minds!

as is the heat ...

this too shall pass ...allegedly fall will come again. ;)

August 04, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sicilian...

Thanks!

Mom keeps me updated on a regular basis on your weather down there. So when I pray for rain, I'm praying for the Hill Country of Texas too!

;+ )

For once, I believe that we have been a tad more miserable than you guys this summer. *wink*


Hey Wolfbaby...

Thanks!

I enjoy your posts about school. A lot of times, you mirror some of my anxiety! Have you started classes yet?


Hey Darrell...

You're welcome.


Hey Pattie...

I could see you going back to school! I think you would enjoy it immensely.

I will take all raindances, pretty or not. I would like a video tape of it though.

Maybe you could load it up on YouTube?


Hey Peggikaye...

Thanks!

Fall? And after that follows Winter?

Hmmm...

I'll be begging for these days here in the not too distant future.

I know I will.

later...

August 04, 2006 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Moof said...

Hope you get some serious rain - but NOT in the form of anything destructive!

Sure wish we could send you some of what we've had so far this year ... *rolls eyes*

August 04, 2006 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too Moof!

There should be some form of transcontinental pipeline created that could move large amounts of water from one section of the country to another.

Flooding waters could be channeled into it and directed to someplace that is experiencing a drought, and vice versa.

A system of canals could do it, which in turn, could be used as a mass transport system of goods that could reduce our need for petroleum products that 18-wheelers gobble up.

When the water arrives in the drought stricken regions, it could then be "bled off" to where it is needed.

Just a thought.

later...

August 05, 2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Why did this come up as anonymouse*?

C'mon Blogger...

August 05, 2006 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home