< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

My Baby is Growing Up...

Blogger is being stubborn and hasn't let me post pictures in days now.

How frustrating.


Parker turned 14 years old today.

Where have the years gone...



He's been going through quite a growth spurt lately.

It seems like he grows a 1/4" every night.

Parker is now 'officially' taller than me.


He thinks its funny that I will be looking up to him...

In just a matter of weeks.

It is truly amazing to watch him grow like this.


But it was more amazing, just minutes after he was born, to hold him close in my arms.


later...

8 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

Happy Birthday Parker!
TJ,
I bet holding him in your arms felt like yesterday. Fourteen years goes by in a flash...

August 06, 2006 5:52 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Happy birthday, Parker! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

I am so with you on this one... where do the years fly by?

My son is 15 next month and is mighty pleased with himself to be towering over me... i am now officially the shortest person in our household!

August 06, 2006 6:53 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I know Pattie. Time seems to be advancing so much faster these days.


Hey Sue...

My grandmother was towered over by everyone in her household. Her sons were 6'2" and 6'3" (even her daughter was taller than her), and my grandfather was 6'3". Mamma was 5'1". Even the grandkids eventually passed her up in height.

Mamma said that since everyone was taller than her that we should be taking care of her, and doing all the work too.

*smile*

later...

August 06, 2006 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow they get so big so fast.. I cuddle sweet pea as much as i can anymore cause i know soon i wont be able to *sigh*

August 06, 2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hold them both Wolfbaby.

August 06, 2006 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ, better read "Wild at Heart"

It's about time to stop calling him your baby ;)

Of course, it is easy for me... all my babies are four-footed, furry and stay with me for their whole life. :P

August 07, 2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I might have to read that book...

But I still don't think that it'll change my point of view...

=8+D

later...

August 07, 2006 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids are all adults now ... and as much as I enjoyed them as little people, I'm amazed at them as adults.

My two youngest have turned into my closest confidants, and those I trust to help me make the gnarliest decisions. They have turned into adults with striking discernment.

So far ... I think I like this stage best ...

August 09, 2006 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home