< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Now Why Didn't I Think of That...

We've had some really hot days here lately.

Yesterday was 105 degrees...

And today we hit 107.


Stillwater hit 110 degrees Fahrenheit!


But neither day was a record breaker.

We have had 12 days straight of 100+ days.

I believe the hottest August on record here was in 1936. The highs for yesterday and today's dates was 112 degrees Fahrenheit.

Oh yeah, they had 22 days in a row of 100+ temperatures in 1936.

Tomorrow's record, 113.

We're not going to hit it.

We don't have it ~that bad~...

I don't guess.


I wonder when the official start date was for global warming?

It was probably in July of 1936, although 1911 was a really warm summer too.

It's possible that each of the scientists have their favorite year of when they think global warming all started.


I personally think it all started at the end of the ice age...


Most people are trying their best to deal with the heat and most don't seem to be too cranky.


You always hear of people who are able to make the best out of any situation.

You know, make "lemonade out of lemons" kind of thing.


Well here's a lady who has decided not to let all of this solar heat go to waste.

She bakes cookies on the dashboard of her car while she is at work.

A great example of a positive outlook on an uncomfortable situation.


But she is in New Hampshire. How hot could it really get in New Hampshire?

I mean really.


Ok, so they got a little warm in 1911 too.


But I don't think they have broken any records lately.


If I baked cookies on my dashboard here in Oklahoma...

My cookies would probably be burned.

later...


Hat Tip: Linda in Norman

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, NH is on the other side of the lake I'm on ... so I can comment on it. ;o)

We had temperatures in the 90's for several weeks in July, and even went into the triple digits during that time ... twice, I believe.

However ... at the moment, it's barely 60 out, and I doubt we'll see any 80's in the coming week. I would dearly love to give you some of our cooler weather, and have a bit of heat back now that I'm up at camp. I'd really like to swim ...

*sniff*

August 10, 2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I'm sorry that it's too cool for you to go swimming.

You're like me...

It has to be HOT for me to go swimming...

I also can't stand cool water, and 'cold' water is just too unbearable for me.

later...

August 10, 2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ . . . we are on our 26th day of at 100 or better temperatures. . . predictions are that we will be hitting 100's for the next week.
I often wonder . . . . as we bake in the south. . . why some ingenious person doesn't figure out how we can take that solar energy and convert it into air conditioning. . . We can put a man in space, but we can't harness the sun.
Ciao

August 10, 2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I know Sicilian...

Solar energy and wind power...

They're an ever present energy source.

And we don't have to drill for it, or have it shipped in either.

later...

August 10, 2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Get your jacket! It's only going to be 99 today. *groan*

Yesterday one of our newscastors baked cookies on his dashboard. They were overdone.

Not burned, just hard and crunchy. STill edible. He said his car smelled wonderful.

August 11, 2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

Don't you just love that 'bakery' smell?

later...

August 11, 2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

hmmmm maybe we should try bread in the car ....

August 11, 2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

TJ: Well, now I know that if I lose my electricity during an electrical storm on one of our hot summer days, I can STILL do some baking in my car! :0
Stay cool....

August 13, 2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Hot ...hot ...hot ....hot ...hot ...hot ...

August 13, 2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Pattie...

And you could probably roast weiners on the hood too!


I know Peggikaye. It is hot with a capital "H".


later...

August 14, 2006 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home