< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

So This is What Happened...

I worked Friday and came home per usual.

After talking on the phone with Linda in Norman and running a quick errand to the post office, I found that it was 10 o'clock.

Time for the news.

So I turned on the television and sat down in my chair.

I started dozing off during the newscast and I couldn't seem to stay awake.


I was really wanting to see the weather report.


I heard a familiar voice talking.

Ahhh. The weather is on.

I pry my eyes open and realize that it isn't the "10 o'clock evening news weather guy".


Slightly confused, I tried to get my bearings and then realized what had happened.


I had fallen asleep in my chair, and had woken up to the sound of the Saturday morning news.

It was 7:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

So...



I have had a small idea in my head.

I have worked all week-end on it.


And Linda in Norman has helped me too.

She came by last night and brought me a HP scanner/copier/printer and a Paint Shop Pro computer program.


I have never worked in graphics really, and of course I have never had any type of formal computer training.

But I thought that I would give it a go on the CafePress thing.

I think it is such a cool idea.

I struggled on Saturday trying to work with my photographs, but it was near impossible to do since my programs are all well over 6 or 7 years old.

And you guys remember that I am working with Windows 98, too.


By the way...

I discovered .png file extensions.


So, armed with a new*er* imaging program I have spent the remainder of the week-end trying to teach this old dog some new tricks.


I now have my own little CafePress Shop with a few items in it.


T-shirts, coffee mugs, magnets, and greeting cards...

I have stuff plastered all over them.


If any of you guys have any comments, suggestions, or ideas...

Well, I would greatly appreciate it.


later...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ . . . love learning new stuff. . . oh and I can relate to not knowing what time or day it is. . . been there done that more than once.
Ciao

August 13, 2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

TJ,
You must have been a wee bit tired!

I checked out your CafePress shop. I think it is really great! You know, you also have quite a few beautiful pictures that you put up on your blog over the course of the year, like of Hawaii and some sunsets and such. You could add quite a bit to that line of yours. I think you could be quite successful at selling your photography.
How does one advertise that you have a site like that?

August 14, 2006 6:02 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sicilian...

I've think you've got a *really good* excuse though!


Hey Pattie...

Thanks for the compliment.

I'm not sure how to advertise it, but it would probably be paramount in order for it to be a success.

How to be found in the waters of the internet sea?

I'm open to suggestions.

later...

August 14, 2006 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home