< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, September 04, 2006

From Where to Here...


















Hurt once again...

I'm failing.

I'm falling.


In the darkest of nights I'm crying...

Chilled.

Full of fear.


In the distance I hear a calling.

"Friend?"

"Are you there?"


I listen to the voice...

It's charming.

It's warming.


I take a chance and reach...

Once again.

It's alarming.


A friend you're not, you're cheap...

Stop.

You're lying.


Where is my trust going...

Thin air?

No where?


Is my heart dying?

My compassion?

My trust?


Where do I place my feet?

In you?

In man?


The hurt it plagues my sleep.

In pain.

No gain.


The friend I seek I'll keep.

In God.

I trust.


He'll teach me not to weep.

To live.

To love.


To trust...

Again.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

Beautiful TJ, absolutely beautiful!
Thank you for this.

September 04, 2006 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beatiful..

and so very sad...

hugs

September 04, 2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

TJ

I'm worried now TJ. Are you OK?

Sue

September 04, 2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ. . . beautiful poetry. . . not sure what the hurt or the pain is from, but I pray that it will be eased. . . may you become stonger. . . . and may you draw your strength from our Heavenly Father. Big Texas Sicilian Hugs!
Ciao

September 05, 2006 12:25 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

You're welcome, and thank you.


Hey Wolfbaby...

Thank you.


Hey Sicilian...

Thank you, and yes I have become stronger through God our Father.


Hey Sue...

Nothing to worry about. I'm okay.

Two blogging friends of mine are concurrently experiencing painful situations from similar yet different hurtful acts. Both have had painful betrayals of trust.

Reading their experiences has brought to the forefront several similar situations that I have experienced personally.

"Watching" my friends work through these painful situations brings back my own feelings of betrayal and hurt.

Too well do I recognize these familiar feelings of emotion.

I am quite past the blinding pain of these experiences, but now I have discovered that I feel a different pain.

A pain of sorrow that my friends have to go through these experiences.

So I felt that I needed to write these feelings down.

Maybe it doesn't 'sound' like it, but it is meant to be an encouragement.

That one can rise up from the well of dispair, overcome, and be a better person for it.

later...

September 05, 2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

TJ: I'm so glad to hear you are doing fine, but so sorry about your two friends. On re-reading the poem I can see that it a journey from despair to hope - I didn't get that the first time round. I was too overwhelmed at the start to "see" the ending. Anyway, glad to hear you are ok :}

Sue

September 05, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

TJ: I understand where you are coming from. I hope the two blogging friends (they know who they are) come by to read your beautiful words.

September 05, 2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks Pattie...

Me too.

later...

September 05, 2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 05, 2006 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ, I also understood your poem. It was beautiful and powerful!

September 06, 2006 12:15 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Cathy...

Thank you.

later...

September 06, 2006 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home